Which Swedish, Japanese, and Russians??

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Beadog, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In Short..No..Silver Steel was Commonly Used by Many Companies as a Sales Gimmick..Like My Tuckmar Solingen Finest Silver Steel 5/8th..It has No Relation to Swedish Steel..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Keithmax, Karl G and Spyder like this.
  2. Beadog

Beadog Well-Known Member

Yep. I figured that was the real truth. :angry017:

Any links to a list of Swedish and Japanese steel users outside of the usual very well known brands?

Karl G, Spyder and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I Don't Know of Such a List..Some Japanese or other Makers Sometimes Refer to Swedish Steel as " Best Steel"..Its Not Always the Case Mind..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Karl G and Spyder like this.
  4. Beadog

Beadog Well-Known Member

What a bummer!

Billyfergie, Karl G and Spyder like this.
  5. Beadog

Beadog Well-Known Member

I picked up a Swedish razor on Fleabay for cheap, that I cleaned up and honed today. Bought an old Russian razor for next to nothing yesterday, but it won't arrive for restoration for 2-3 weeks. I'm going to be pickier in my hunt for a not too expensive Japanese blade.

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've a folding Japanese Kamasori on its way to me. It cleared customs, and should be here any day. The pictures were terrible, so it only cost me $9 total. It could be a treasure, or a fishing weight. I should know in a couple of days.

Billyfergie, Karl G and mrchick like this.
  7. Beadog

Beadog Well-Known Member

Yeah, I paid $23 shipped from an Eastern Bloc country for the Russian, so it may be a paper weight candidate!

Billyfergie, Karl G and DaltonGang like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

A reliable source for Russian razors is russianrazors.com. @mlys7884 is the guy to contact and he posts on the Russian Razor thread periodically. :happy088:

Billyfergie, Beadog and Spyder like this.