Which TSD soap = Orange blossoms?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by MTgrayling, Dec 4, 2008.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

My dwarf Orange has been blooming for nearly a month and the scent is dreamy and intoxicating, or maybe that last one was the whisky? I find myself with a TSD gift certificate. Which TSD scent most closely matches this wonderful aroma?

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I can't say, as I am not sure what orange blossoms smell like, but I have dreamsycle soap, and it is quite nice. A vanilla orange scent.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Neroli is distilled from orange blossoms. I don't think I have it listed in the store anymore, but I'm pretty sure I have some.

Not sure if that's the scent you're looking for though.

4. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I agree, the scent of citrus blossoms is just awesome! When my citrus plants bloom I can stand for lengths of time and just smell them!

5. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Oh, yes!

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

A very pleasant scent indeed. Another great natural fragrance is that of almond blossoms. I want to get an almond tree now :)

7. Fenix

Fenix New Member

Mmmmmmmm! Do you have any Neroli Aftershave Milk laying around anywhere? Neroli is my absolutely favorite Czech and Speake fragrance, but I have never smelled the EO Neroli. Is it similar enough or not?

Also, any estimate of the return of the Aftershave Milk Samples? I was planning on picking up a few for Christmas. I do not mind buying the regular bottle, but there are a few scents I wanted to try out first.

So many questions huh? ;)

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

The TSD Neroli EO soap is Very Nice :drool :drool A great bitter sweet orange scent.

JoAnna made me some Neroli EO soap about a year ago, it goes great with C&S Neroli or Penhaligon's Castile ;) her Jasmine soap is excellent too :happy088

9. Fenix

Fenix New Member

So many choices. I must buy samples of them all! I am really looking forward to it all.

10. Queen of Blades

I've never smelled C&S Neroli. Sounds like Neale has though.

I'm so busy I haven't had a chance to check to see if I actually do have the Neroli EO. :o

Right now, I don't have any size of A/S milk available. Waiting on more hydrosols to show up at my door, but I haven't got a shipping notice from my supplier yet, which they will send when they ship my order. So, no ETA, either. You'll just have to click the "Notify Me" button on the product page, and wait for the email and/or my post when it is back in stock.

Sorry.

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

I just compared the C&S Neroli Edt to the TSD Neroli EO soap......the scent is quite similar.....although, I don't believe the C&S is a single note Neroli Edt....

The scent of the soap is a bit more subdued than smelling the C&S after it's applied to the wrist.....but if I recall correctly the scent of the soap intensifies while lathering :cool:

Great soap, I like to superlather it with Penhaligon's Castile cream :drool ;) Although, it's terrific on it's own.

12. Queen of Blades

Indeed. I don't think most edts are single notes.

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Correcto-mundo....:happy088

Here's Czech & Speake's description of their Neroli scent...

Neroli

Loved by both men and women, Neroli is one of Czech & Speake's most evocative fragrances. The blossom of the bitter orange and orange flowers are suffused with the zest of fruit to create a refreshing and long lasting fragrance. The floral character of Neroli is emphasised by layering this truly unique and heady mix with ylang ylang, which itself is derived from the blossoms of an exotic Asian tree.

Sorry Chris :o It's good stuff, you should try it :)

14. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Wow, it sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm getting an order ready so thanks for all the help!

15. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Very nice scent! That's what I was looking for. :D Neale your description is spot on.

Nice! I have some on order, I look forward to taking a sniff!