Whiskey lovers

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Norseman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Wow
    That looks horrible (Lake Tahoe). Wish I could wet my Whistle on some of that Pappy Van Winkle's........:angry017:

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I think Kevin (@HolyRollah) said that he was going to buy a bottle for us to all try a wee dram. :innocent

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nothing that a few good years of heavy snowfall can't fix! :happy088:

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I think someone's been nippin' a bit too hard on the ol' Bushmills..... :D

One of the old roomies has a connection, but I'm not holding my breath on another 20-yr bottle to appear any time soon....

5. PatrickA51

Isn't that the truth......If Moonbeam would stop the Fantasy Train and do something about desalination plants, and stop building permit. Maybe Lake Tahoe would not look like that!

6. PatrickA51

What's wrong with Old Bushmills?

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

A little Teachers Highland Cream tonite. A nice blended scotch on the inexpensive side. I think I prefer Johnnie Walker Black a little, but this is half the price.

[​IMG]

I have a bottle of Laphroig 10 year for when I want a real peaty scotch, but the Teacher's hits the spot tonite.

GatorJoe and Radiotube like this.
  8. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

As a Johnny come lately, I do enjoy scotch and this has been my goto for about a year now. Since I am too lazy to take my camera downstairs, you will have to settle for a stock image.

cragganmore-12-b.gif

Radiotube likes this.
  9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This is my choice in Scotch

vintage1978.jpg

Radiotube likes this.
  10. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Just finished a bottle this evening. Evokes some very nice memories for me.

11. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I picked up a bottle of Grangestone Highland Single Malt Scotch for $25 at Total Wine the other day and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. The store rep there said they sell more of this than any other Scotch... 2015-07-27-18.25small.jpg

12. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Crikey, there are alot of good drinks in this thread. I am tempted to pour myself a wee dram too. I have a soft spot for the Laphroaig Quarter Cask, but I guess I will have to pass just in case I decide to go for a shave later

Decisions, desicions

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

5PM time for a few SHOOTERS

IMG_2413.jpg :eatdrink047:

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Tonight I'll be having 2-3 fingers of...oh, who am I kidding..3-4 fingers of Bushmills. That kinda day.

15. Norseman

It is friday night, the kids have finally gone to sleep and I had planned to get a nice relaxing shave. Instead I opted for a relaxing drink instead while listening to Pink Floyd on my headphones.
    I don't drink and shave, so I will have to postpone that to tomorrow morning.

Laphroaig18.JPG

GatorJoe, Jasman and Erik Redd like this.
  16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, Laphroag is nice stuff.

I'm about to start the bath running while I pour myself a bit of Dickel #12. I got a few mosquito bites while smoking a pipe outside and a nice soothing bath while sipping my favorite Tennessee sour mash before bed sounds like a good idea.

GatorJoe likes this.
  17. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Remember, if you can no longer spell 'Laphroaig,' you should consider slowing down for the evening. ;)

18. Norseman

No way, that's when the fun starts. At least I think it is. It's been a long time since I've had more than two drinks in a single week :)

19. Norseman

I am becoming more and more fond of it. I have come a long way since this

20. Mr.Diehl

Mr.Diehl Member

Anything from the island of Islay is going to be fantastic. Myself, I like a good peat. Some say I'm crazy, but I also prefer an English Ale style beer because I like the "brick" taste. Don't judge me... lol

A great intro scotch for the American Whisky drinker (like Crown or Maker's) is Dalmore. It has a very similar taste profile, but is oh so smooth...

If you're more into the Irish style whisky, try Glenmorangie. It has a similar taste profile to Jameson.

I take mine plain with rocks, or if I'm feeling less manly (or more thirsty) with a dash of cold water. I use about as mush as I would in my shave, actually. A hew finger flicks or so. Any more than that and you lose the bitterness that makes a scotch a scotch.

Norseman likes this.