why i get a kind of rash

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by wile87, Feb 23, 2010.

1. wile87

wile87 New Member

not sure if this is the right place to post
    i have been using the quattro razors for a while trying to stop this type of rash i've been getting the last few years. it's like a little white head or pimple i'm getting usually a day or two after a shave. i use sensitive gel and use this shea moisture after shave moisturizer and balm. after shaves don't help either. really getting tired of looking like an acne monster after shaving my neck. any suggestions?

2. thestone725

thestone725 Member

I used to get the same thing on my neck when I would shave ATG using the Mach 3. Ever since I switched to a DE razor I don't have that problem anymore. I think it has to do with the tug and pull of the multi-blade cartridges that allows bacteria into the pores. A DE razor just cuts the hair rather than pulling on the skin. At least thats from my experience any way.

3. Dansih&Coffee

Dansih&Coffee New Member

Hi!
    I could be because you have a "dirty" blade.
    Have had the same problem when i used M3 and had not shaved for a couple of days, and the razor had been sitting, and not been cleaned for days.
    And it could be your aftershave/balm that is too rich in oils?
    Try to use a clean blade and change the aftershave.
    Hope that helps.
    Happy shaving:):)

4. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

I think...

I think its a bacterial infection. I was looking on line because my grandpa had an Issue like this. where it would look like pimples. I turns out to be an infection from using a dirty blade. maybe you should clean it with alcohol before using it. then use an aftershave with antibacterial properties.

5. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

The most likely problem is a chemical -- the soap (to wash with), the shaving soap or cream, or the chemicals you are following up with. Yes, these are all just mixtures of chemicals.

The first month I switched to DE shaving I used lots of sandalwood shave products and my face was getting more irritated and red every day. It turns out I can't use sandalwood much. :sad024

It is possible that it is the razor or brush or something else, but not very likely.