Why I keep coming back to TSD...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Primotenore, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I like The Shave Den the most because it has very friendly members, a welcoming atmosphere, and a wealth of uncensored, and therefore trustworthy, information. TSD has a laid back vibe, unlike some other places, which have a stick up their forum. Squirrel & Nut, The Closed Book, Damn Whine Cave, Yes My Grace - this place beats them all.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

How did this get past the censors?

;)

3. brit

brit in a box

i like it here.i have looked around at other forums researching razors,and soaps,brushes etc.and was put off by some of the harsh criticisms against others.
    while i have shaved for 35 plus years and started de shaving before i was a member of any forum, this forum helped hone something new to me into a pleasurable experience.
    to put it bluntly... before de,shaving sucked. now i enjoy a great shave with vintage razors and great products.many of my questions have been answered without me printing a word.
    as my limited experience grows i hope to help others who are learning as i am.great place to be,thank you all.gary

Terry, 178-bplatoon, RyX and 7 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy102: 'stick up their forum' :happy097:

I am glad this post made it past the censors.

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

178-bplatoon and Steve56 like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I didn't mention any real world forums, only fictional ones with made up names. Any similarity between the fictional and actual forums is purely coincidental. Hijacked Laser Palace, kidnapped by space aliens, wasn't even on the list.

The Shave Den, thankfully, has its feet planted firmly on the Earth, so it only makes sense to come back here.

178-bplatoon, RyX, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Point One: Somehow I've remained immune to all the outside noise. TSD captured me as a user long ago. If you ever need a mod for a fictional shaving forum startup, you know where to find me.

Point Two: Being kidnapped by aliens is overrated. I'll let you know if I spot any Zeta Reticulans with an axe to grind.

Pass the Barbasol and may God Bless You!

8. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I've said it before and I'll say it again..it's all that 1970's rocking out in the basement wood paneling that keeps em' coming back..
    DENBAsement.png

9nein9, Terry, BigMike and 7 others like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That right there is funny!!

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I must say I was proceedin' right along until I got to stick.

RyX and Keithmax like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Never heard of those 4 forums.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I also come back here because they have not kicked me out....yet. I also hang around TOST because noone CAN kick me out of there.

9nein9, Terry, Slipperyjoe and 6 others like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Be patient my friend. ;)

14. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

This is the only forum that I felt comfortable with. Everyone is always helpful and... "there always glad you came. "

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:prrr::signs136:

Terry, RyX, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Here's why I keep coming back-I tried some of the others and they appeared too tricky for me join&be a part of. With TSD, I just signed on and jumped right in with the fun :).

17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I keep coming back for the tasty hors d'oeuvres.

18. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Before I joined TSD I was reading threads on a few other forums as well. Those other forums did not seem very friendly. Somebody new to DE shaving would post a question, the members would put their internet boxing gloves on and talk crap about the question. I don't want to be a part of a forum like that. I was new to DE shaving when I joined TSD years ago and it's been awesome. I've learned a lot, made trades, and have been gifted some cool products. I have no reason to go anywhere else !!!

19. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I liked it when we would so try to raid Darkbulb's horded cookies.

gorgo2 likes this.
  20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I am also a member of a few other forums, but TSD was my first and the place where I feel the most comfortable. Some of the people on the other forums talk crap about people's gear (the local TJMaxx finds is a perfect example) and here at TSD it doesn't matter if you use Proraso or cartridge razors, everyone is welcome and encouraged to get the best shave possible regardless.

It really is strange how different the atmosphere is here at TSD. Great group of people here, thank you TSD for making this the most down the earth fourm on the net!

9nein9, RyX, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.