Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) - What your opinion on these blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by idan, Jun 14, 2017.

1. idan

idan Active Member

- Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) -
    What your opinion on these blade?
    How would you rate the blade in terms of sharpness and smoothness ?
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much :):)

Linuxguile and Zykris like this.
  2. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I find I like it very much. In my opinion, it's about a 6/10 on sharpness and a 9/10 on smoothness. Hope that helps!

Linuxguile likes this.
  3. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I don't like them. They did not work well for me in my DB89L. But don't let my view stop you from trying a new blade. Now that my technique has improved and I now have other razors I'll go back and try them again.

Maybe.

Sent from my phone using some app

Linuxguile and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. Mr_Anderson

Mr_Anderson New Member

I am looking forward to trying these blades and seeing how they compare.

Linuxguile likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Ok, much better IMO.

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

They were my gateway blade when I started DE shaving. They were an okay blade. Then I discovered Russian Steel(Voskhod, GSB, et al). It was all over after that!
    Try 'em regardless, your face may love 'em.

brit likes this.
  7. Grimpen

Grimpen Member

I like them. They are the only brand I've seen on store shelves around here (BC, Canada).
    Having said that, they aren't the best I've tried, and buying blades by the hundred online is much much cheaper than buying them 5 at a time at the local grocery store. YMMV.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

these were the blades i started with and are available at most stores around here in vancouver.they were my go to blade with a new to me razor.now i just use astra sp.smoother,sharper,cheaper.10 wilkinsons are $11 before tax at most stores.cheaper online i am sure .a good reliable blade in my opinion.

9. Grimpen

Grimpen Member

Yeah, $11/10 at Save-On, $6/5 at Pharmasave IIRC (Canadian dollars). Decent, but even Feather is half that price on Fendrihan. But if you need blades *now*, they are what are available, and I like them much better than Dorko, maybe even more than Derby.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i agree,still buy them once in a while and have a few tucks left.they work well in my tech razors.

11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

$11 for _ten_ blades? or 10 tucks? if 10 blades, that's in the Gillette range! (Although they're cheating and selling 9 blade packs).

brit likes this.
  12. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

medium performance while decent lasting durability

13. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

They work fairly good in my Gillette Adjustable's, It takes 3 passes + touch up but in my Weber PH or Parker Variant they work great, just 2 passes and a light tough up.

14. brit

brit in a box

1 tuck of 10 blades for $11 ish plus taxes.london drugs,save on foods etc,vancouver,b.c. haven t seen any 5 blade tucks.

15. jsw41

jsw41 Member

I like these blades, but I don't have a heavy beard, so I will be on my 8th shave tomorrow. I strive for BBS, although DFS will do.
    3 passes + touch-ups.

16. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Yee-ouch. Dollar a blade. Well, it's still cheaper than cartridges, especially if you get 4-8 shaves out of a blade. Still expensive, even considering the Canadian dollar.

brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

i have only seen them packaged individually,never in 100 lots,online maybe.prices could come down if there were other choices beside them.i have seen shaving departments in these stores grow significantly in the last year.in 2005 when i started using a brush,there was wilkinson soap ,wilkinson brush, williams soap, and 10 different canned products.now ive even seen 4711 aftershave,and a few different creams and soaps.hopefully more blades to follow.

18. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I pay $1.49 for a W.C. 5 blade pack at my local drug store. Can get them cheaper at on line stores.

19. jsw41

jsw41 Member

When I bought 100 Wilkinson Sword Classic, they were 50 cents a blade IIRC. I bought them online. My go-to blade so far, Bic Chrome Platinum, 3o cents per blade.

20. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Same here though I have to go to a drugstore near my office. I actually found them once at a dollar store.