Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) - What your opinion on these blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by idan, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I just have a huge pile of NOS english Wilkies. I haven't tried any of them.

2. Grimpen

Grimpen Member

Wal-mart, Pharmasave, maybe Rexall (IIRC) carry the 5 blade tucks.

Full retail mark-up. Advantage: you can get them now. If you really like them, it looks like they are available in 100 blade multi-packs, but almost twice the price of Sharks ($34 CAD/100 vs. $18/100 according to Amazon.ca)

Shaving departments are still thin on non-cartridge razors around here. I usually only see: Williams "Mug" soap, Wilkinson soap, Wilkinson brush and Wilkinson Classic DE blades. Notice what's missing? An actual handle to use DE blades. I've seen the Microtouch One at Walmart, but I'm not sure they still carry that. Otherwise it's off to a specialty store, or online.

brit likes this.
  3. Bookworm

Target stocks the Bevel, mostly, from what I've seen. Kroger has the VDH handle (or did the last time I looked). I can't find Wilkinson Soap, Brush, or blades anywhere. That was one of my problems - they basically stopped stocking brushes and soap in the 90's, when I was -LOOKING- for them. Shark - I paid $8 for 100. 30 to 50 cents a blade just seems.... yikes.

4. Grimpen

Grimpen Member

No Target anymore in Canada. Interesting story on that. Funny about the Wilkinson products, just about everyone carries them here. I think Wilkinson makes a safety razor, funny they don't sell them alongside the other Wilkinson stuff. Maybe Wilkinson is a Canada/UK thing as opposed to a Canada/US thing?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  5. Bookworm

I suspect you're right. I'll have to check when I'm in Ottawa next year (I hope) for the family reunion golf game. I don't play golf, so I hang out with all the other folks that don't play. I'll see if I can find the story about Target - unless Canadian Tire just made it so they couldn't compete :)

Grimpen likes this.