Wilkinson Swords

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Star, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Star

Star Active Member

Picked up some DE Wilkinson Sword blades from WM last night that are packaged in a black plastic blade holder with a blue cardboard backing. I have noticed on the internet more WS blades that come in a white plastic blade holder with white cardboard backing labelled as "Classic". Is there any difference between these two blades or is it simply different packaging for marketing purposes?

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I used both when I first started to "Traditional" shave two years or so ago. Both shaved well as I remember. I think they are the same, at least I don't remember any difference. I do seem to remember that the black packs were easier to find locally however.

3. Star

Star Active Member

I assumed they would be the same. Big brands like to change their packaging a lot, but I wasn't sure.

4. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

I've seen both in stores and used themm but I didn't notice any difference in performance.

5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Same blades. I remember reading somewhere - can't remember where though, that the white packs were the exported packaging and black were EU; however distributors shipped both out anyway.

Similar to the black package feathers vs the yellow pack. One is 5 blade local and one is 10 blade export but they're identical products.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The white packs generally contain 5 blades, and the black packs contain 10. That's the only difference I noticed.