withdrawn

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fram773, Nov 7, 2013.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I got back into wet-shaving with the Flare TipSS. Much milder than the EJ89, so I'm kind of surprised too that many newbies arent jumping on the Flare Tip bandwagon.

2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I've been shaving with my Slim the past few days and I've been getting really good shaves with it turned down to 4. I still like the heft of the adjustable but an SS is aggressive enough. I still need 3 passes even with a more aggressive razor/setting to get a good close shave.

When I started, I went with a new razor just because I wasn't sure I knew enough to buy a 50 year old razor that would actually work like it was supposed to. Now I know there's not much to worry about with a vintage Gillette.

3. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

If you are in the States you can get the Fatip grande nickel, on shaving.ie, VAT (tax) free for about 24$ and it is a wonderful sahver

4. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I agree. There was one at local antique shop that passed over and over and over. I didn't buy it because I thought they were just a cheap razor and Schick's attempt compete with Gillette. I couldn't stand it any longer and finally bought it. I gave it a try and boy was I wrong. It is now the #1 razor in my lineup.

5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I think it's a tough one to find the best vintage razor. I've got three vintage DE's (Gillette Old Style OC, Gillette Aristocrat Junior, brandless), three vintage SE's (GEM OCMM, Star 1912, Valet Autostrop) and three Rolls Razors (Imperial 2 and 3 and DeLuxe travel set). I love 'em all! I had a Schick which shaved great, but which was too light for my taste (PIF-ed it along). I guess there's only one solution: try everything you can lay your hands on!

6. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Ha! Classic rock stations have played songs/bands from my teenage years ever since there has been such a thing as a classic rock station!

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

:signs011:

They even play music on Classic Rock stations that didn't come out until I was in my thirties.