withdrawn

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fram773, Nov 8, 2014.

1. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

withdrawn

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Radiotube likes this.
  2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Croma Diamant - 10 bux for 200 on Amazon.

Radiotube likes this.
  3. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

You win, Mark!

Keithmax likes this.
  4. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

5. BigMark

Most likely a hike in price but there is the chance I was wrong. Worse than derbies.

Radiotube likes this.
  6. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

a 100ct of Astra SPs for $9.99 is so cheap and gives such good performance that the 3 shaves I get per blade makes it at $0.033 a shave haha. I think.

Even though Derbies cost the same for a 100 ct. I can only get one horrifyingly bad shave out of them making them actually more expensive.

For almost a year, I can get excellent shaves out of $9.99 worth of blades with free shipping.
    Imagine buying a 4 pack of Gillette Fusion carts every month for $18.
    $18 * 12 =$216
    compared to shaving every other day with 100 Astras = 600 days of shaving for 10 bucks.

That extra $200 a year is 7 weeks of groceries for me.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. BigMark

$200 for 7 weeks , that's stretching it quite a bit .

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I got bags of these for FREE at a old house demo site….a little spit-shine & you're good to go! Probably smoother than a new Derby :D
    SafariScreenSnapz128.jpg

9. GeneralKinetics

Yeah. We only spend like $30-60 a week or 2 on groceries. It's just 2 of us. Tons of produce and we shop sales. We only go to Costco, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's. We still eat very healthily and well.

Darkbulb and PatrickA51 like this.
  10. BigMark

I hope your tetanus is up to date ;). I have an old pack of Wilkies I might break open. I am afraid of them not having been stored properly and rust on the blades or liking them so much I get heartbroken for only having 5.

11. GeneralKinetics

Nice. That's pretty awesome. Yeah, but when you find a blade that gives you a smooth, irritation free awesome set of shaves and works in the razors you want. Hard to beat.

Also, where do you get Injector blades for that price?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  12. GeneralKinetics

13. GeneralKinetics

Even better.

14. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

The cheapest Razor I ever used was (and I still have it!) Is my Gillette Knack Razor. When I went to Boot Camp in 1968 it was in a bag of toiletries that was given to me when they issue our buzz cut of a hair cut. I remember it well standing there dripping wet from taking a shower and theses guys throwing stuff at us. It's a wonder they didn't spray us with delousing powder.

youngunn likes this.
  15. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I'm imagining shawshank redemption

16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

With hand stropping I'm sure I could get another shave or two from each blade.

PatrickA51 and HolyRollah like this.
  17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ha ha I remember those days Parris Island 1962 ( they referred to me as maggot)

18. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Wow. A lot of abuse being heaped on the lowly Derby blade in this thread! In fact, if this was the first time I had encountered the brand name, I would think, "geez, these Derbies being spoken of must be worthless trash!"... but let me go on the record here, I LOVE Derby blades. For me, they are perfect. They cut my beard with ease. No tug, no irritation. Maybe they aren't right for everyone... but is any blade?
    So, in closing, me+ Derby=:love029:

Your mileage may differ. Sorry... had to defend my brand. Back your regularly scheduled programming

imGrunt likes this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Blades really are YMMV...I think Derby Green is just ok...I can make them work.

I paid 22 for 100 Gillette Silver Blue on Amazon. That's a year's worth plus some for me. I toss them after three shaves regardless... I used to spend $32-36 on carts every sixty days. I would be saving a ton were it not for Soap Acquisiton Disorder, but in theory, DE is very inexpensive.

imGrunt, dbersh and maltedmilk like this.
  20. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember being called a Maggot or be told we were (Lower than Whale S@#h on the bottom of the ocean!) 1968