withdrawn

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fram773, Nov 8, 2014.

1. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I can make derbies work too. Just don't want to if possible.

2. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Come to think about it. Now that I have my girlfriend DE shaving her legs, It saves us 2x the amount of money on Carts. She was also buying the same amount of Carts that I was, but the cheaper offbrand 3-blade disposables. So, all in all, DE shaving saves my girlfriend and I probably around $250-300 a year just on blades alone. Pretty crazy to think about. That's a lot for other non-shaving related necessities.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

But that 300 bucks is usually turned into more stuff for the collection for most of us. :)

fram773 and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It turns into soap and AS in my den.... SAD....

youngunn likes this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

$30-60 per week on groceries for two people is amazing.
    I need to take lessons from you guys - I tend to spend $60/week just on me!

6. GeneralKinetics

Well, we go to Sprouts and Trader Joe's. Usually spend 20-30 at each place and have enough food for 2 weeks. Just random stuff like when onions are 3 pounds for a dollar, we stock up and get a few dollars worth and it lasts us a couple months. Or using Pasilla peppers and Jalapeno peppers alot since they're 99 cents a pound(about 10 peppers per pound :)) instead of spending tons on bell peppers. Or, we love oatmeal, so when the bulk rolled oats are on sale for 69 cents a pound instead of 99 cents a pound we stock up. At Trader Joe's, we buy alot of pasta sauce, pasta, yogurts, and frozen meals. I also stopped buying Scotch until finals are over. Same thing with fruits. We mainly eat good stuff, and try to stay away from processed crap. BUT! We do buy eggs, milk, and bagels at Costco, and that hurts. Also, every few months, I drop another $50 on a huge tub of protein powder.

Also, instead of eating alot of ground beef(which is ridiculously expensive now), we eat alot of Chicken. Healthier, Cheaper, and the ones at Sprouts are usually 5% water or less. We usually only buy breasts if they're $2.99 a pound, or boneless skinless thighs if they're less than $1.99 a pound, or drumsticks when they're $.99 or $.69 a pound and freeze them.

youngunn, Darkbulb and fram773 like this.
  7. GeneralKinetics

Haha yeah. I'm 2/3 of the way through a Proraso White. 1/3 of the way thru a TOBS cream tub, and I've melted 3 VDH deluxe pucks into a mug with some added 100% Aloe. Might need some more.