Wizamet W-11

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael_W, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Being half Polish, I couldn't resist the opportunity to purchase this online today when I was looking at vintage safety razors from Europe. Who else here has one, and how did it shave for you?

Keithmax, James_P and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Never heard of it.

3. Michael_W

It's a Soviet-era Polish-made adjustable similar to the Gillette Slim.

4. Michael_W

Here's the link to where I bought it. The pictures indicate it's in good condition, and for the price on offer I just could not resist.

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Pics as soon as possible.

6. Michael_W

Will do!

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Pretty good snag. Looks interesting.
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS and Keithmax like this.
  8. Michael_W

Yeah, from what I understand, Wizamet was less interested in form than in function, so while the aesthetics appear clunky, it apparently got the job done. Wizamet, by the way, was also the original manufacturer of the famous PolSilver Super Iridium blades. Then Gillette bought them out and moved production to its St. Petersburg plant in Russia.

Enrico likes this.
  9. Michael_W

Alrighty, after some delivery issues I finally got the razor. Unfortunately, the base plate seems to be bent, so I'm going to have to send the razor in for repair. The problem is that one side of the barn doors sits lower than the other side. The plastic handle also has a sizeable crack in it, though nothing that affects its use. Otherwise it's in good shape. The weight is heavier than one might think for having a plastic handle, with the razor being top-heavy. I think once it's repaired, it'll be a fine working addition to my collection.