Wolfman has a readily available razor.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Spud, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    It's not apparent anywhere that i could find that prices are Canadian dollars. Their contact information does provide a Canadian address, so it does make sense prices are Canadian dollars.

Still out of my price range, but probably worth it for some willing to pay for a hand crafted razor.

Spud and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I agree, given they are not
    thanks very much. I have a Blackbird polished SB on the way, I think I shouldn't have, as I cannot get the Timeless 0.95 dialed in so I expect the BB will be too aggressive. If so, I might take advantage of the return policy and try this Wolfman. Can you tell me more about the aggression relative to a MUHLE R89 or the Timeless? Many thanks

Halvor likes this.
  3. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

The only direct comp I have is to the Muhle. I preferred the Muhle. The Guerilla is an awesome razor, however I tried a couple of blades over a 10 day period and could not hit the sweet spot for myself and flipped it. It is not aggressive at all, but has a great fell. I wished it was a bit more aggressive actually or more so a bit more efficient.

I loved what he done with this product in that it was available, loved the fell and balance. Just had to work to hard for a BBS. Many people love it from what I can tell. I certainly would like to give a 68 Timeless a spin. Maybe when my grad student gets his last piece of paper. Or I sale all my unused razor stuff or just unused stuff LOL.

Spud likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

$182 is a little steep for my wallet, plus the inventory I have. If I didn't have so many pricely razors this one could be a good option.

5. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who is not sure of how this post should be interpreted? Is this the estimated date of delivery?

6. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I guess it was intended to convey 10-4, Roger that, got it, understood? Radio code, that is. And from there on the numbers rolled :)

Spud and swarden43 like this.
  7. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Will do my best, as I have all of the above.

Had the Timeless OC with both gaps, sold the milder as I got to know the .95. In the beginning I only used it for minimum 1.5-2 days growth, but today it’s a gentle pussycat with terrific glide. Thus, give it time, is my advice! In terms of how ‘soft’ they feel against the skin, this would be my order, starting with softest: Timeless - Guerrilla - Blackbird. Smoothness in cutting is equal, provided the proper angle is found for each. Efficiency of each is determined by angle. I may be exerting slightly more pressure on the Guerrilla than on the two others. Chance of a rough shave, highest first, is Timeless - Blackbird - Guerrilla. I debated with myself the ordering of the two first there, but think that an off angle with the Blackbird renders an inefficient shave, whereas an off angle with the Timeless increases the chance of soreness.

R89 was the first razor I bought, quickly to be replaced by others. I took it out just the other day in fact and gave it a swing. I put it back in the cupboard. Couldn’t feel the blade and found it inefficient - which may be down to having to re-learn and reacquaint myself obviously. I find the Guerrrilla tells me the angle in how it feels against my skin; Muhle doesn’t.

My thoughts, my skin, obviously, but I hope that helped. Others may chime in!

Spud and clint64 like this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That's how I took it.

Then I guess I got a little carried away with the math :ashamed001:

Halvor and clint64 like this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Have you grabbed a Barbasol yet?

RaZorBurn123 and clint64 like this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

.[​IMG]

Herm

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Halvor likes this.
  12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks very much @Halvor . Much appreciated! I think I will hold off on the Guerrilla; I will try the BB when it arrives. I would hate to sell the Timeless, wow it's just a beautiful razor. I will work with the .95 a bit longer. I just wish I could find a stainless steel razor that works for me. On another note, I might try doing a three pass shave [WTG, XTG, XTG rather than my usual W, X, A] with a more efficient razor. Perhaps this is where I will have better luck. Only thing is I have trouble with the nose-to-ear pass.

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No, I've seen a couple but weren't up to my standards. Still looking.

14. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I never go beyond two passes with the Timeless. Get the angle right and, unless you have an insane beard growth and density, you should be able to get way beyond DFS, even a proper BBS, after two.

As for alternatives, have you tried Rockwell? There are the odd dozen on my UK forum who couldn’t get along with the Timeless. One of them prefers the Blackbird, another the Rockwell. 6s is the stainless version, priced reasonably I believe.

Spud likes this.
  15. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I really like the look of the Rockwell gunmetal finish. But no , I've never tried one.

16. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

I think you'll like the Blackbird. It might take a few shaves to get the hang of it though. If you don't like it, you might want to try the ATT M2 if you haven't already. It's pretty easy to get along with.

17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Got it.