Wolfman razor not taking new orders for now

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Aug 7, 2015.

1. injun

injun Member

I have a Wolfman on wait list, luckily I requested it in the first week of June,
    about the pricing, its mainly a question of a quality product and what u are willing to pay for it, and most of us here who have used one can vouch for the quality of a Wolfman I am sure

what I found great was that even after all these orders coming his way, James always is very prompt with his replies to your queries and thats really important from a customer viewpoint
    raj

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

I got on the list the first week of June too. Do you know what you're going to order?

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I got on the list on May 6th and received and paid my invoice on Saturday.

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Congratulations - can't wait to see some pics :)

clint64 likes this.
  5. injun

injun Member

well, thats a tuff one, SB or Open Comb, they are both stunners,
    I was thinking about the OC with the #2 handle, I have a Ikon OSS and am not particularly fond of it.

6. ugadawg

I'm ordering the OC with the #2 handle as well. I like shorter handles though and he said he is willing to make an 80mm #2 handle for me. His customer service is amazing.

7. injun

injun Member

I agree
    his people skills are amazing,

the wait is agonising though :D
    raj

8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I'm just not sure that much money for a razor is worth it really... I guess if you have the money. But if your a bang for the buck value shaver, hard to beat a vintage Gillette. Especially an adjustable.

That being said I know it's not easy making things by hand and hope he makes lots of money.

Billyfergie and Boojum1 like this.
  9. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

I got on the list in June and wanted a DC with the #7 handle but have acquired a SB head since and I'm very very happy with it. So I'm going to get a OC but still in doubt if I'll take the original head or ask for a bit more aggression. The SB is very efficient but still to me very mild.

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not that I have any intention to sell my Wolfman razor but it will be interesting to see how much the one that is being offered as an auction now will go for.
    After just one day it's already over $200...

Billyfergie likes this.
  11. ugadawg

It's over $300 right now. I can't believe it wasn't cleaned up better before posting for auction.

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh wow and with two days to go

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A 'light at the end of the tunnel' post on Wolfman's site from November 9:

"
    UPDATE - November 9 2015

Orders (emails) placed between May 16 and May 31 are being produced now. This group is nearly complete. There were some delays and also many orders within this two week period. Will be moving to June emails shortly.

Time estimates not met. The estimates were clearly incorrect. Everyone waiting since June will be contacted. Those near the end of June will likely be contacted in January.

Taking orders again in 2016. Currently expecting to take more orders starting in January or February, depending when the current orders are completed. There may be a short break to create a new design prototype but after that production will resume.

Email response time is slow now. The volume of emails has increased and there may be a delay to respond. Your patience is appreciated."

clint64 likes this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

@Darkbulb Thanks for sharing the info. A second Wolfman OC with an increased blade gap is my big planned purchase for 2016.

CyanideMetal and Darkbulb like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm really happy I got mine when I did - both from a price as well as an availability perspective. It's a fantastic razor but it seems going forward getting a second one will be as hard/time consuming as getting a Mongoose or Wolf Whiskers brush :)

Boojum1 likes this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I agree. It really is a fantastic razor and the quality of craftsmanship is first rate. My only regret is not getting 2 or more in the beginning.

17. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

"What is that, puke green or piss yellow?" Lmao. Couldn't help it.

18. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Your car's uglier than I am....that didn't come out right.

Kizurra likes this.