Wolfman razors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Anyone here have any personal experience with the Wolfman razors?

[​IMG]

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

No. But he is a very friendly guy. He will customize the aggressiveness if you would like him to.

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Just sent him an email asking if a dual-head, brushed stainless steel head is available.
    Love the look of the heads...I'm not so sold on the look of his handles but....I'm thinking it would work well on say...oh...a Tradere handle :D

This is the head I want:
    [​IMG]

Radiotube likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Then again....some of dem handles do look nice...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

178-bplatoon and Radiotube like this.
  5. InNae

InNae Member

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago and he said that he would have more heads available in June. :0 are those all of the handles he's made? I like the bottom far right. What handle is that?

InNae

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I believe they are all his design but some are aluminum prototypes.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, I am now on James' waiting list for a brushed, stainless steel razor set with dual-head configuration.
    Currently slated for a July production...

spacehobo and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Found this 30+ min video on Wolfman razors.

9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Good God I would love to get and try one of those.

Darkbulb likes this.
  10. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Wow, those are BEAUTIFUL.

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Good news for Wolfman razor enthusiasts - just as Mongoose - Wolfman has now resumed production and is working his way through the waiting list.

Email from James today:
    Actually, I just resumed production with some new equipment and it's been going very well. I don't think I'll need as much time as I was expecting to get through the wait list.

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Pretty cool.

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. mascara

mascara New Member

I got my Wolfman razor earlier this week. I have to tell you that it is one fantastic razor. I would not really call it a razor for beginners as it needs a certain amount of confidence to use it. But I would not call it overly aggressive. I told James that I would call it extremely efficient. Two passes is all it takes for me.....no weepers and no cuts. But you don't use this razor in a careless manner. It will bite. The finish is beautiful, as are the handles. I always liked longer handles, but I found that the shorter handles James makes are better to control the razor. No pressure is needed at all. The razor does the work. So I ordered the closed comb with a short, diamond patterned handle and an extra handle, one of the long one's with the knurled ring at the top and the concentric rings at the bottom. I think that this will be my #1 razor.

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sigh...I must be so far down on the wait list ..... :(

BUT, happy to hear you like it so much!

Oh and...post a photo of it please! :)

15. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

Still not too big on the handles, but love the look of the head. It would be nice to try one!!

16. InNae

InNae Member

Have you looked at the surplus handles? I actually like the looks of them better.

17. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

That sounds like it might fall in with the ATT's R1 or H1 plates based on your comments and my use of the ATT's as I have been using the H1 and two passes with very little touch up if any and no nicks, unless I am careless! Good to know! Did you get the open or closed comb setup?

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Note that for the indecisive (read: me) he also sells a dual-head: OC on one side, closed comb on the other.
    That's the one that I'm on the waiting list for.
    [​IMG]

19. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the dual comb one myself and that is the one I would try if I get a chance! :)