Women Wet Shavers

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Joe Ingal, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

We are all special snowflakes here. Hugs! Have a participation trophy!

gorgo2 and RyX like this.
  2. alex01

alex01 Active Member

I hope this is the appropriate thread for this question, if not feel free to mock me, I will understand :)) . I need to buy my girlfriend a razor (she keeps borrowing my razors) but I found out there are some weird shaped razors out there and I c'ant figure out what is the thing with them or if they are good.
    Vintage-Bakelite-Ladies-Safety-Razor-Diana-Baby-1920s-_1.jpg
    And for the real question, should I go with a curved one or the normal straight ones?

Joe Ingal and RyX like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband says to include flowers. Now for some input from me;
    1) I can't speak for all women, just myself. But I like straight heads with long handles.
    2) My favorite is the Gillette Super Adjustable- long handled version.
    3) Since there is no objective "best blade" for everyone, get her a sampler pack of blades.

Sage Hen, Joe Ingal, alex01 and 5 others like this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    This thread = :rolleyes:

Oh, and btw, no need to welcome me to my own forum.

Joe Ingal, dustmite, NCoxSTL and 6 others like this.
  5. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

:happy097:

Joe Ingal likes this.
  6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy102::happy102:

Joe Ingal likes this.
  7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. Women are uppity as hell these days, and some even want to have careers instead of cooking and cleaning. What the heck is up with that? And women shaving? Everybody knows most guys dig chicks with gorilla legs. Especially if the chicks will go get a beer from the fridge. ;) But it had better be a craft beer, not some mass-produced carbonated water.

Seriously, have folks been reading too much of The Art of Manliness (a.k.a. The Art of #### Waving Marketing and Online Ads) or Squirrel & Nut (a.k.a Weird & Dorky)? I don't think chicks shave because they want to be like dudes. I don't know of any guys that shave their legs or armpits. I also don't know of any guys that shave their lady parts, so that can't really be considered shaving like a man. I have never heard of a man's anatomy morphing into that of a female from using a pink-handled razor or Nancy Boy shaving cream. If a member of the fair sex uses a straight or safety razor, so what? What do you think women shaved with in the Wild West? I think a woman who shaves her legs with a straight razor would be hella cool. If the lady is a dainty harlot, so much the better. We were put on this Earth to have fun, not worry about who is shaving with what razor.

Joe Ingal, lightcs1776 and RyX like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

Maybe I'm too old or something. Why is this even a thing? Anybody who uses a "cutthroat" razor to shave any part of whatever body has more fortitude than I do. Shave on.

Joe Ingal, Bama Samurai, RyX and 2 others like this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The online wetshaving subculture is getting completely goofy.

Hello and welcome to The Shave Den anyways! I hope you enjoy your stay here. You might want to check out our online store. The soaps there work very well indeed, and are worth purchasing.

Joe Ingal, dustmite, NCoxSTL and 3 others like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

Welcome to the Adjustable side. No cookies, but we do serve hard likker!:D

Joe Ingal, alex01, RyX and 2 others like this.
  11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The fact is most "manly" or "feminine" things, aren't. They're just things. There are few actual gender specific talents and/or products in this world.

Rose is not a feminine scent. It's a scent. In fact, I always wonder about that. If women are suppose to be the one who like flowers, shouldn't the man smell like a flower. :rolleyes:

There have been lots of guys here that do.

Joe Ingal, Sara-s, NCoxSTL and 4 others like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

My bath soap is Dr Bonner Rose. I like floral things like Lilac, Rose and Lavender. I agree, scents are just scents, and there shouldn't be hard and fast rules assigning scent by gender of the wearer.

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Anytime the subject of Manscaping (which seems to be any hair removal below the neck line by a guy) pops up, there's a Tim Allen style chorus of grunting followed by silence from the Offender. I think it happens especially by the younger guys, but the collective opinion and Manly Party Line don't encourage discussion.

Joe Ingal and NCoxSTL like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Some of us are in the "yes, you shave it just the same as anywhere else" camp. Not hard to figure out. It almost seems like many manscaping threads are started to elicit reaction not advice.

Joe Ingal, mrchick and RyX like this.
  15. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Edit: I decided not to go down the path of arguing the point. We have different options, but I don't need to make that a distraction.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  16. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Interesting that some supposed men have a problem with this. I'm a happily married (46 years), retired (30 years in service) US Army Colonel, a paratrooper (in fact jumpmaster qualified), Green Beret, decorated combat veteran, who uses rose (among other) scented shave soaps. I also shave my arm pits. Anyone got a problem with that! HOOAH!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  17. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

The lady Gillette is 55 years old this year. How is that for women being new to wet shaving?

[​IMG]

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Schick-Eversharp Fashion Razor turns 70

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

The Gillette Milady décolleté is 102 years old this year.
    . image.jpeg

20. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Nope, but if you're a man and you manscape with a straight, you may become a lady! :angry017:

I own a pink Feather aircraft Kamisori, and I'm as OK with that as I'm ok with ladies wetshaving or doing other "manly" things for the lack of a better word. Doesn't change a thing (last I checked)!