Women Wet Shavers

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Joe Ingal, Jan 11, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Two of those have come into my shave den. The first went to my Lady Friend. The second is still here. The long handle fits my large hands well. The upper parts are identical to a Super Speed Flare Tip of the same year. I refer to mine as a Star Burst, hers is a Lady Gillette.
    The tool has no gender. Comme ci comme ça.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

This is where discretion and valor intersect, and wisdom is usually the victor.

"Tactics without strategy is the noise before the defeat."

- Sun Tzu, Art of War

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Men are not spiders, to wait or draw in their prey. We are testosterone filled thugs, barely civilized enough to speak in grunts.

"It is both mysterious and miraculous that roughly the same intelligence necessary to flake a barbed spearpoint is sufficient to discover the theorems of mathematics.
    In a different universe, it might have been otherwise.
    And so human beings would have been spared the tragedy of existing half as ape and half as god."

-From 'The Broken God' by David Zindell

Edit: and guys that wear rose scents are almost always cisgender males.:taunt002:

Joe Ingal and Shaver X like this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Women into wet shaving? man! that's a laugh I would love to see a woman shave their legs with a straight razor :p:bounce015:otherwise she wouldn't be half as tough seeing men into wet shaving at the same time with a straight razor

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    There's YouTube videos of women shaving their legs with a straight razor.

The owner of this website is a woman who shaves her legs with a straight razor. Due to her near blindness, she finds using a straight razor is actually safer for her than using a DE razor.

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

[​IMG]

PLANofMAN, RyX and Queen of Blades like this.
  7. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

IMG_0164.JPG
    Metro,
    Do you mean like this.

Cool razor. Good for the underarms of women or professional body builders.

Check out the pic of the manscaper I downloaded. I screwed up putting your quote to it but I did add your user name to pic.

Before safety razors, women must have used a straight.

SpeedyPC and Metro like this.
  8. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I can wait for next Christmas!

Joe Ingal and RyX like this.
  9. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

The type of razor a woman uses has no bearing on her femininity. If she wants to shave her legs with a chain saw before putting her stockings and skirt, that's just fine with me.

As for men, unless your shaving process includes foundation and blush...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Joe Ingal and mrchick like this.
  10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Historically, some women may have but the widespread shaving of women's underarms and legs is a fairly recent phenomenon. IIRC, underarm shaving primarily dates to around the 20's. I further seem to recall that shaving of legs came more in the 40's and was related to the shortages of stockings.

Certainly, by the 20's, we see razors targeted to women such as the Gillette Milady with its OT head and short handle.

11. Bama Samurai

Happens all the time.

Joe Ingal and SpeedyPC like this.
  12. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

Shaving traces back thousands of years and I would think there were women shavers. I would think at least some prostitutes, saloon girls and show girls in the Wild West shaved. The popularity of women shaving may have changed throughout the years. I'm going to have to research that.

13. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

According to Elle.com / History of Hair Removal, the Egyptian woman removed all their hair, the Roman women shaved using razors made of flint and American women started shaving in the early 1920's following the hemline of the dresses. Underarm hair was removed as a fashion statement due to new dances becoming popular.

mrchick likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And I read someplace that Roman men shaved their face in order to be like the women - more feminine.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. Bama Samurai

I don't know about Rome, but in Egypt the worship of youth prompted hair removal.

swarden43 likes this.
  16. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

:happy088:
    That's it, I'm keeping the beard!

17. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I picked up an identical one (1965 cased) for my daughter. She loves it. I used it once to test drive and got a great shave. Another good shaver for ladies is the Krona. Not as spiffy as the Star Burst but nice and mild and also has a longer handle.

RyX, mrchick and PickledNorthern like this.
  18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My wife uses both a Krona and a Feather Popular. The shave is similar enough she says she can't really tell a difference. The Popular stays in the shower, and I don't go all OCD on her about it sitting wet in a soap dish.

Joe Ingal, RyX and mrchick like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've got a couple Kronas. Tried to like them but I've found I prefer more aggressive DEs.
    The Lady Starburst shares upper hardware with Super Speed Flare Tips of the same generation. Those give good shave!

Joe Ingal and preidy like this.
  20. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

Thank You for your service!

gorgo2 likes this.