Worst-Smelling Aftershave in Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by boyextraordinare, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

I would say one of the worse is Murray and Lanman Florida Water.

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

CADE, my god is it awful the bottle should read "Hippy in a bottle" on the label :happy102

3. boredemo

boredemo New Member

i HATE aftershave

whatever my dad uses is the absolute worst. it wakes me up out of a dead sleep. im pretty sure it caused a chemical burn on the tip of my tongue. even after i turn on all the fans and open all of the windows (in the middle of winter) the smell lingers. im pretty sure it is stetson although i havent gotten close enough to the bottle to find out. whenever i encounter someone wearing this on the street i have the urge to murder them.

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Arko Citrus (and most cheap citrus-asls for that matter). They smell like toilet cleaner ;)

5. herzi

herzi Active Member

Floid. I hate smelling like little Antonio Banderas.

6. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

Old Spice is a bad scent for me. Despite the fact that I dislike it, I "get it" why
    many of the guys like it.

I really need to buy a bottle of Pinaud Clubman. None of my local stores carry it, or VDH. I hear so many mixed reviews of it that I just need to try it. Does it smell anything like their Talc in the green bottle. That stuff smells pretty good.

Aspen and Stetson are bad too.

7. zimmer

zimmer Member

For me it was and is, Canoe. When I was a teen, a few of us drove around one afternoon in my buddy's Dad's 56 Impala. One or two of the "cooler guys" had decided it was a great idea to fill their zippo lighters with Canoe as lighter fluid.
    It did work, made the already cigarette smoke in the car smell like Canoeboros and eventually made me throw up. (not cool at all). To this day.....45 years later, I can still smell it.
    Don't even know if they still make it.

8. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Give him a hint. Buy him another one for the holidays as a gift. :)

9. Lola Crazy

Lola Crazy New Member

:happy102:happy102:happy102:happy102

10. Lola Crazy

Lola Crazy New Member

For me it's Kalma organtic aftershave. When I got it, it didn't seem to have a scent at all. Then I, natually, didn't use it for a awhile so when I wanted to use it again I sniffed it to see if it didn't go bad. Bad it did get! I't smelled pretty horrible. DEATH TO ALL ORGANTIC AFTERSHAVES!

The only reason why Musk AV would be a bad aftershave is the fact that it's not as strong as it use to be, if I am correct. If I remember right back in the 70's Musk AV bottles said maximum strength. I said it before and I will say it again there should be a new AV scent called Origional Musk!

11. RnR

RnR Member

Oh, yeah... and I like it just dandy. But now that you mention the Impala, I'll let you check out the "Chevrolet" juice I saw at Big Lots. It's got to be as bad as GM will be under the current "Administration". Ugghhh.!

12. Steve Mack

Steve Mack Member

Just to remind some of the younger members, long before bottled scents had Musk in their name there was the expression "phew...you smell a little musky" :laugh042

13. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Wanna be girls

Over the water here in England many males (I wont say guys because they mostly wear diamond stud earrings) wear Joop. Cant stand the stuff, really smells like lavatory cleaner to me.

14. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

+1 on both of those.

15. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Brut. Reminds me of the stuff I use to clean out the bilge in my boat.

16. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I had a Spanish guy that sat next to me in high school that used to bath himself in that stuff. He literally smelled up the hallway and room. I still remember this 7 years later so it must have been horrible

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I DESPISE Joop. One of my best friends wears it, but I wouldn't touch it.

18. soopercat

soopercat New Member

clubman Lilac Vegital, I have no idea why they make it? if someone can wear it successfully, please tell me what it's supposed to smell like. I only smell wet fisher "the little furry mammal" that will eat your cat or dog. you get its sent bottled at hunting shops to drive off raccoons, chipmunks and squirrels. spray around your yard and good bye little buddies.

thats lilac vegital...

regards,

19. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

Pashana! Ordered a bottle after I heard so many raving about it. When it came, I open the box and the bottle and I could not stand the smell - horrible. A small bit was on my finger and it stank for hours, even with washing my hands a few times.

20. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Isn't it ironic that the vile stuff hangs around whatever it touches, whereas the stuff that we really like doesn't always?