Worst-Smelling Aftershave in Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by boyextraordinare, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

can't stand English Leather and Brute - Gross! I just got a bottle of the Clubman Bay Rum - I like it alot but I wish it had a glass bottle.

2. Garyg

Garyg Member

Worst smell from the bottle is the Pinaud Bay Rum, but somehow when it gets on my skin it is better than another bay rum that smells good at the top of the bottle. So, given different chemistries. ymmv .. I guess, if I have to

3. pelicano

pelicano New Member

I agree. I bought a Clubman the other day to give it a try. Hated the smell, and so did everyone else who was in the elevator with me. The looks I got....:eek:
    Had to throw it out.

4. Goby

Goby New Member

I was lucky. There was an opened bottle at CVS. I put a few drops on my wrist and smelled like an 83 year old, shuffleboard playing, Lawrence Welk listening, prune eating, Bermuda short wearing, old man for almost 10 hours.

5. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

:happy001

6. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

AV Musk & Pineaud Clubman = rancid & more rancid.

7. CeskiKorun

CeskiKorun New Member

+ 1

Add Old Spice . . . and Stetson. Actually, Stetson first, then Old Spice. I can live w/OS but Stetson makes me retch.

Not really sure how I feel about Aqua Velva Musk . . . somehow I used half a bottle of it, and at this point I'm not really feeling it anymore.

Anyone ever try the generic CVS "cooling" blue aftershave? Also pretty bad. For like $2 I guess that's to be expected.

8. thestone725

thestone725 Member

I got a small bottle of Stetson Black for Christmas. Pretty terrible smelling stuff. Luckily I found someone brave enough to take it off of my hands.

9. ccgnet

ccgnet New Member

Pinaud - Bay rum. Horrible!!!!

10. Jorocom

Jorocom New Member

Hands down for me is Aqua Velva Musk. One of the most putrid smelling after shaves ever! My bottle was poured right into the ground in my back yard, because I didn't want to have any lingering scent in my drains.

11. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

The new formula for Old Spice is pretty disappointing, I agree.

I'm quite happy with the few old, traditional ones I've bought otherwise; probably enough here to last me a few years.

12. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

Fascinating... When I was a kid in the Fifties, Skin Bracer was all my dad ever used. I loved it then, and still do today. That would make my guess at you being younger than me way off base. :o

I never thought of English Leather as an AS, Canoe either (though I haven't seen it mentioned here).

13. Blade

Blade Member

Most recent awful- 'Musk' (lord knows who made it)
    All time awful - Avon 'Thai Winds' (more like bad beer wind if you get my drift).

Best recent - Givenchy 'Gentleman'
    Best all time - Paco Rabanne original (what else?)

Most dangerous scent - oil of cloves. Gives what used to be the Hai Karate effect (now hijacked by Lynx). ;)

14. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Bad beer wind? :happy097 That sounds pretty bad.

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I don't really like Paco Rabanne, and in fact, I never did, but I wouldn't say it's the worst. I sort of like a clovey scent.

16. Gambrinus

Gambrinus Member

To me I can't stand any of the old stand-bys. Old Spice, Aqua Velva, etc The one that takes my breath is Burt's Bay Rum :sick007

17. rafikz

rafikz Member

AV Ice Blue is disguting

AV Green and Ice balm smell great, but Ice Blue smells lile %**#*@^@

18. TimV

TimV Member

I think I had the same experience except we were in a Willys Jeep. Yes they still make the stuff.

19. punisher

punisher New Member

Lilac Vegetal

20. yuppiejr

yuppiejr New Member

I actually like and have gotten wifely approval of both Aqua Velva and Pinaud Clubman... however the new Classic Old Spice was just bad news and actually got pitched after two uses.

Even my 3 year old daughter said "yech" when she walked into the bathroom and took a whiff the first time I tried a splash from the plastic bottle which isn't a good sign. I recall the original Old Spice scent when I was growing up and the new P&G "classic" version is a flowery shadow if it's former self...