Worst-Smelling Aftershave in Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by boyextraordinare, Oct 19, 2009.

1. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Any Clubman scent.

Switchermike likes this.
  2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so!!!:shocked003: :signs047::signs089::signs131:

Just kidding...sort of;)

PLANofMAN and jeraldgordon like this.
  3. lindyhopper66

I tried to like it. The original Pinaud is the best of the lot, but still too cloyingly strong. I'd read about Special Reserve and Lilac Vegetal and tried that last week. Couldn't stomach it. Very odd scents (odors, more like). I read someone's post on another forum who waters them down with 90 percent water or witch hazel so they aren't so strong. That still didn't work for me. If you wanted lots of seat room riding a bus, Clubman will get you that space. Just saying.

4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Simple heresy... but we love you anyway!

5. lindyhopper66

Even without the Clubman odor? Ha.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Of course. It's an accepted fact that there are a few people who just don't smell good.
    ...the others wear Clubman Pinaud.;)

I'll still give you mad props for reading up on Lilac Vegetal...and still going ahead and trying it anyway.

Switchermike likes this.
  7. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I think I've got to get me a bottle of that Old Spice stuff.
    Just to broaden my horizon, and if I can annoy the females at work that's a plus too :)

Switchermike likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Corollary: Don't trust a woman who likes Axe, either.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Forgot that one. True, the citrusy/woodsy/cedary mix is an acquired taste, but Pine-Sol it ain't.

10. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Worst smelling aftershave? Whatever my wife and daughters do not like (since I cannot really smell any of my aftershaves once I put them on).

Williams Warrior likes this.
  11. Pablojoven

Pablojoven New Member

Aqua Velva. Yuck.

12. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

When I first tried Pinaud Clubman, I took a big ol' whiff and the most horrifying image popped into my head: a pot-bellied 55 year-old, thinking he's Tom Selleck in 1978, greased up with cheap oily suntan lotion, swaggering poolside in a banana-hammock in search for ladies young enough to be denied an apple-tini at the bar, all the while wreaking of the most cloyingly pungent cologne on earth - I'm thinking Sex Panther, from the movie Anchorman. If you like this scent, please do not be offended, I mean no disrespect to anyone, but this is one of the most visceral reactions I've ever had from smelling an aftershave. It's all subjective, so take what I've said with a grain of salt. Sláinte! ;)

Switchermike and jeraldgordon like this.
  13. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

no, no, don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel! :rofl:

BassTone and PLANofMAN like this.
  14. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Worst smelling to me: Clubman Special Reserve
    Best smelling to me: Old Spice, I can't walk by the stuff without splashing some on.

Monkeylord and Latherman87 like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

16. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Haaaaa! That's fantastic! :happy097:

17. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Pinaud Clubman

18. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! I can't think of any that I absolutely do not like. However, there are some that I am holding off any judgement until I do further evaluation. I used Aramis for years and then Old Spice for years and now I am trying others. Always, Gene

19. Switchermike

Switchermike Active Member

:angry017: :rofl::happy102::happy097:
    :happy088::happy097::rofl:

20. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Man you guys are killin me with all the hate for the Clubman scents. I love the stuff lol makes me wonder if other people smell me walking by and think..."oh my that dude smells horrid!" .....my wife tells me I smell like an old man when I wear it which is fine by me lol

Monkeylord and jeraldgordon like this.