Would've Could've Should've

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I saw this one earlier when it was still up for grabs, but decided to not pull the trigger. I am regretting that choice a little bit right now. :(

Click Me

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, that is a lot of coin.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

More coin than I have to spare. But would love to have it.

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Agreed, but I could always get my money back if I so chose. I have never seen one with a case that clean.

5. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

That set did look very nice, but I must say, even I woudn't of been able to pull the trigger on that one, and that is coming from someone with no self control.

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

It would most definitely have been a big chunk of change, but if all that crap polished off cleanly with a case that clean...... :drool

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

it is nice, I think it could go either way on getting the money back out though, depending on who is bidding. Not quite the nicest I have seen though. The nicest I have seen belongs to "Cutting_Edge" I don't want to post his picture without asking, but you can see for yourself here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=814573&postcount=34

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Ah, but his set is a Chicago, and the other one was a New York. :rolleyes:

Seriously, THAT is just stunning.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Hell, $350 for a Double Ring ain't got nothing on this nonsense! :eek:

10. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Fo Sho! I can understand NOS set selling for much more than others, but Senator sets just have a cheap cardboard box. That set aint got no thing on this one:cool:

[​IMG]

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Actually, the fact that it only has a cardboard box means it has everything on that set.

Jeez, Scott! $178 for a gold adjustable?!! Man, my RAD ain't what it used to be! :happy102

12. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

I was watching this one just for kicks and made a bet that Scotty was going to win it. I win! ;)

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That Senator box is stunning! I've wanted one for years and that in as good of condition as I've seen. Amazing!

14. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i bought my second double ring set from him in WAY better condition for half the price.

Attached Files:

15. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Yeah, but you don't have the correct blade holders. :rolleyes:

:D

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Wow Dave. Very very nice!!!:drool

17. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I don't know if you noticed, but it aint your ordinary gold adjustable. It is a NOS british set and has everything included. I've only seen one other and that is Achim's.:cool:

18. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm well aware of what it is, but these seller's toss the terms "new" and "NOS" around a little too casually. It looks like a complete set, but I don't see any instructions and the blade pack doesn't appear to be wrapped in cellophane.

I hope for your sake it is NOS for what you paid, but these people need to provide better pictures -- don't tell me it's new, show me.

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I have seen quite a few more Diplomats than English Adjustable Aristocrat sets. Looks nice, but I would have bid on that adjustable first too.
    edit: Especially with the outer shipper.

20. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Agreed there. I almost didn't put NOS because it is hard to tell for sure, but the seller said it has the instructions and I didn't see them pictured, so I am assuming that they will be sealed under the blades. Well, hopefully. Even if the pack is opened, I'll be fine with the purchase as long as it is mint.