Wow.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by '65 G-Slim, Feb 1, 2016.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Just...wow.

Just finished my first session with the new gold Tech Fatty, and my first session with a Derby Extra. And *finally* started learning the proper technique to deal with my trouble spots, going across my neck toward the Adam's apple then hooking up a bit toward my chin. Still need a little work, but it's getting there. Flattening those areas is the tough part. The Derby really surprised me...I'd thought of it as a "cheap blade"...but it's smooth *and* sharp, cutting clean, no weepers or irritation, and feels *good*. IMO, better than GSB. The Tech felt better balanced for some reason than my pre-war English and the post-war ball-end. Oh, and I think someone had mentioned using hair conditioner under Williams Mug soap...I've been doing that for that past few days, and Williams will dry out rather quickly...the conditioner really helps keep the lather moist and lets the blade slide across the skin.

My best shave yet.

2. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

That's what makes wet shaving so fun. When you find products you love and see your success, you get hooked fast.

AGHisBBS, Herm2502 and Spyder like this.
  3. '65 G-Slim

Just ordered 50 more Derbys.

AGHisBBS and Spyder like this.
  4. ironthinker

Do try a sampler of many blades. Few of us find our "true love" on the first try. I loved Derbys as my first try, I think I tried thrity different brands and found three others that became #1 as I used them.
    Blades can always be sold or traded, so if your wrong it's no big deal.

PickledNorthern, AGHisBBS and Spyder like this.
  5. ironthinker

I thought you were a new member. Sorry

6. '65 G-Slim

Kinda new...been here for about three months. And I've got about 23 different blades to check out.

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

So many blades, so little beard. I have many I haven't tried, also.

8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Don't you just love it when" it all comes together"?

AGHisBBS likes this.