XXX and P160

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 5, 2014.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I've never tried 3P, but I do love ABCBA. I consider it to be very close to P.160. Too bad Joe only carried it for that one-time limited offering.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

ABCBA I LOVE the scent and performance, unfortunately I started going pink on the skin after shaving with it a few times...must be the pure almond extract however I never reacted to anything but this before. it was weird.

3. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I went and ordered p.160 because Blanka said it was delicious. While there, I was captivated by the description of Son of Zeus, so I got one of those too. I will leave XXX for now.

Italian Barber is a great vendor also. The first, and only, order that I made from them somehow got lost in shipping, I let Joe know and he immediately sent out another tub, no questions. That was the Razorock Classic, which I have to say I like better than Cella. Great soap, very, very soft though. More like a cream. Wonderful lather, and some of the best skin care of any soap/cream I've tried. Can't wait to try the new stuff.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That may be because 3P is absolutely amazing - it's one of my all-time top croaps.

5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Hi I am fairly new to all this so I am just wondering why all the fuss?

6. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

I do not see any fuss here......just a normal thread with folks exchanging their thoughts and experiences with soaps.:)

blanka likes this.
  7. Slow Joe

What I mean is why is everyone so excited about these new soaps, are they really that great.

8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Special edition =P

Slow Joe and blanka like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My order shipped! I'm sure I was the first to order. I was lurking on the site.

Omelmad, entropy1049 and blanka like this.
  10. blanka

For me personally, I love P.160. Been rationing my supply for a long time...glad I don't have to ration anymore. Joe just also knows his market extremely well and knows how to get the community excited about product releases.

Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

I hope you'll do a comparison of the two.

12. blanka

That's a great idea, I'll do that!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Slow Joe

Sø are these soaps that were previously available in limited quantities? I was so excited by everyones enthusiasm I almost ordered some before realising I didnt know much about it, lol.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  14. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Just follow us, we're all gonna go see what's over the edge of this cliff...:whacky025:

blanka, Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. Neolithium

P.160 was not made by RazoRock before, it was a separate Italian company which discontinued production for whatever reason, quite a few people were saddened by the loss and bought up all the bricks of P.160 they could find. RazoRock has been bombarded by requests ever since and they finally were able to develop the formula with the artisans in Italy though with SLIGHTLY different ingredients to improve upon it.

XXX was legendary from day 1 as it was basically Aqua Di Parma that was re-labelled and sold for about 1/6 of the price of AdP. A different XXX was released shortly after the original was discontinued however it wasn't as similar to AdP at all except performance (Which isn't bad mind you) so I grabbed this new one hoping they've gone back to the original type.

Either way, RazoRock soaps are among some of the best for price/performance.

Slow Joe, dscaver and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. Slow Joe

Thanks a lot Justin for your detailed reply. I felt like i was missing some sort of wet shaving history . I can see why you are all so keen to get your hands on these soaps.

Do you know if this new release of soaps will be ongoing or are these soaps in limited supply?

17. RaZorBurn123

Nothing was mentioned about being limited editions. But. When they are gone, it might be awhile before they come back into stock.

Slow Joe likes this.
  18. Neolithium

From what I can see, only Freedberg and Tight Buns are limited editions, the others should be regular production however as it was stated above, they sell out ridiculously quickly and take some time to get in stock as the facilities they are made at don't cater only to RazoRock, and they ship across the ocean via....ship if I remember correctly.

Edit - If anyone bought OneX, can you post a review? I'm interested in the menthol content of it, if it's got more power than Proraso Green I may want some.

RaZorBurn123 and Slow Joe like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

P.160 is out of stock. It's not surprising.

Omelmad likes this.
  20. blanka

Probably good news that P.160 sold out so fast. Gives Joe a good reason to re-order. I'm willing to bet XXX isn't far behind, due to its historical popularity.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.