XXX and P160

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I received my P160 today, I can't wait for tomorrow's shave. I love Cella, and have shaved my way through a few mugs of my 1K block. I like the scent of the P160 better. I had to hold myself back from tasting it, it smells that good. Going to freshen up my Dovo Flowing on my new Naniwa 12K, strop with a new SRD strop and have at it. I will know in the morning of this is a soap that I will have to stockpile. :cool:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. nascarfandan

nascarfandan Active Member

I was bummed out when I saw that the p160 was out of stock so I emailed them and Joe sent a response back that they would do an update of their inventory as he thought they had about 50 jars left. Just checked and if they indeed had 50 jars left, they now have 47. Can't wait to find out what you folks are raving about.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

The new P.160 seems almost identical to the old (not Tipo Morbido though, I think this would be Tipo Duro), the scent is amazing, mine is on deck to try tomorrow as well. This may be one that replaces my beloved Cella!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Heresy!!!!
    (um….let me know if you're willing to sell you cella block….cheap!)

Omelmad likes this.
  5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I may be the odd man out, but I was definitely underwhelmed by the RR P.160. My initial impression was that it was too heavily scented and under performing for the hype it gets. It worked but was nothing special. I haven't tried the XXX yet, but the scent seems more pleasing than the p.16o.

oscar11 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. Neolithium

LOL not heresy! It has a scent very similar to the original (Which is close to ABCBA) but I'm hoping this won't give me any irritation on my skin. I'll find out in the morning though!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Got to try the RR P.160 this weekend and...I have so say I'm really happy I didn't buy any for myself.
    I found it to be very lacking in cushioning and the scent was not as pleasant as 3P - or even Cella for that matter.
    I'll pass on this one.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

My thoughts on p160 are very favorable my old barber used the original for his "old world" shave a little more expensive but a great investment for me lol.so when I got this new stuff from joe I was very pleased it has that same almond smell"kina like dr.pepper" the performance to me was ver slick and a lot of cushion and the skincare os excellent almost makes your face or head in my case feel like soft playdogh..lol . Now the xxx I personally liked the performance is on par with the best out there but my swmbo is not a fan of the scent:( im on the fence I like it but thr scent doesnt blow me away but this may be just her influence lol

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

I've used the new P160 several times now, and though any marzipan scented soap will never be my favorite, the performance of the soap continues to impress me. Very easy to lather, very slick, lots of cushion, easy on the face, and leaves your skin feeling nicely soothed.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

One X is in my shopping cart. I may have to pull the trigger before July's sabbatical.

EDIT: Alternately, I could get them sent to me care of my very generous SO. :D

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

RR Fine looks interesting.

12. angrygio698

angrygio698 Member

How does the p-160 compare to the rr classic since they are both almond marzipan scent?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the scent is very similar.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:

entropy1049 likes this.
  15. angrygio698

angrygio698 Member

16. Neolithium

Weird. I was finishing cleaning up and organizing my bathroom and before selling off my ABCBA and P.160 I figured I would check it out to see what is going on. Lathered up 1 side of my face with ABCBA, 2nd side with P.160 and let them sit for a few minutes mimicking the time the cheek would have it as I complete a pass on one side. Rinsed both off cleanly, SLIGHT pinkish hue on the ABCBA side, nothing on the P.160 until a minute or two later where it was again very slightly pink. No discomfort at all and wouldn't notice without looking at my face.

Lathered up the inside of my arm which is probably one of the sections of skin which tend to be quite sensitive; in the same manner. NOTHING. I would assume if I'm really allergic that I should get a reaction anywhere I put it, let alone something that is more sensitive than my face. I might just suck it up and shave slightly earlier as the skin discolouration disappears after about 5 minutes or so - and there's no burning, tingling or weird feelings. All those allergic to almond scent (Which P.160 has a synthetic version if I remember, to prevent allergic reactions with people) report some itching, tingling etc.

I'm at a loss but I don't want to give up this glorious scent P.160 and ABCBA have. :/

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'll have to revisit P.160. I was impressed with the lather, but the performance was pretty average. The scent is also a little too strong for my liking. But the post shave feel was pretty awesome, so I think there's still hope.

I still love the XXX soap more and I have the matching aftershave from Fine. That was a limited edition.

18. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

just used XXX soap tonight followed up with some XXX balm...really nice stuff.
    interesting scent too...i like it but its not my usual citrus scent that i prefer.

i havent smelled any of the Fine products yet though....they seem to be popular

19. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I'm glad that I bought two tubs of P160, as I just "loaned" one to my uncle and was informed that he is giving me his MWF with ceramic instead of giving back the P160. He loves Cella so I thought I might not get it back. I'll have to keep an eye out for the restock. He really liked the Florida Water as well.