XXX Back in stock!!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade 79, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Tibby49

Tibby49 New Member

I shaved with this new xxx the other day. Pretty good croap. I was surprised with the scent. I thought it would have a cologne like scent but for me it was more herby or earthy.

2. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Just ordered xxx and stroppe shoppe Russian tea from Italian barber on Monday. Now I wait.

3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

You'll love the xxx or I'll buy it from you.

4. theFAT98

Ill let you know if I don't. Haha

5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Tracking says I'll see my order at my door upon my arrival home. Christmas in October.

6. theFAT98

Was hoping to get home from work today and have my 2 new soaps........

No such luck. Keep waiting.

7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Used the XXX this morning. I agree with all I've heard about it.

theFAT98 likes this.
  8. theFAT98

Lucky. Looks like I'm stuck waiting till Monday.

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...the Vie Long Horse Hair brush I ordered with the soap arrived with an unset knot. Had to epoxy the knot and subsequently, I got some of the epoxy on the hair. Drat and spit!

10. theFAT98

Crossing my fingers that when I get home my 2 new soaps will be there.

Xxx and stroppe shoppe Russian tea.

11. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I placed an order around 11:30 pm on Thursday (16th), both the XXX and Zi' Peppino arrived today.

12. Tibby49

Tibby49 New Member

I picked on up from The Italian Barber. It's pretty good stuff. Lathers easy and smells good. Smells different than I thought it would as I expected a cologne like scent. I have tried about 10 different soaps and creams in my 3 months of DE shaving and love Tabac.

13. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I got my order today. Initially I was pretty disappointed by the amount of the P.160 and XXX in the containers. I weighed them out to compare and I suppose they are similar enough, with the XXX being the lightest by a hair.
    The P.160 and XXX are stated to be 4.2oz each and the Cella 5.2. The Cella might be a little better bang for your buck but just slightly.

I can't wait to try them out.

First the P.160 (5.5/5.0)

iPad photos 1 097 (600 x 450).jpg iPad photos 1 093 (600 x 450).jpg

Next the XXX (5.3/4.7)

iPad photos 1 098 (600 x 450).jpg iPad photos 1 095 (600 x 450).jpg

Finally the Cella (6.5/6.1)

iPad photos 1 096 (600 x 450).jpg iPad photos 1 094 (600 x 450).jpg

14. Hairy Alaskan

I used the P.160 last night. Not sure what to think. This lather seems really sensitive to water. I had to add more soap twice because the lather would break with even a minute amount of extra water. This has been the most sensitive to water lather I have ever used. Next time I'll use a softer badger brush instead of the Omega.
    The smell was not at all what I expected. Kind of a cherry/amaretto scent. Not sure which. Maybe both. I had to hold myself back from taking a taste. Smells yummy.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  15. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I use Cella a lot, since I got it in May, and it's still 1 third full. Is the XXX as soft?

16. Hairy Alaskan

It looks similar to the P.160 which is surprisingly firm. Much firmer than Taylor of Old Bond which is really soft.

17. shmuel

shmuel Member

Maggards carries a large selection of RR, including the new XXX>

SRNewb likes this.
  18. theFAT98

Softer. I just got mine. Smells awesome.

19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

After using both the XXX and the P.160 a few times each this week, i like them both a lot. The P.160 is major almondine. The XXX is a very light scent reminiscent of Mitchell's Wool Fat. I say that to mean in its subtlety of scent, very mild. Both are superlative performers. I'm very happy with Razorock.

20. theFAT98

Shaved with xxx tonight. Good slickness and great face feel.

Any tips on lathering xxx? It was kind on light and airy for me. Not as dense as I like.