YMMV - Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark, May 12, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I was checking out an article on shaving 101. It claimed Reds are not good for guys with heavy growth. I find that odd because even though I do not have a heavy beard it is still coarse and find they are decent blades. They recommend Crystals though which I have tried and ouch The Burn!!!!!! I guess this just shows how suggestive blades really are.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Doesn't matter what anyone else says. If a blade works for you, who cares what anyone else says?

BigT, Chuck F, Shaver X and 7 others like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yep. pretty much. The only absolute in wet shaving is that there are no absolutes.

5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Yep, it's YMMV. Interesting though, as Reds and Crystals are the same blade...

6. KLF

KLF Doctorin

There are many blades coming from the same factory/family. Best to try a sample pack, you never know what will work for you, especially with blades.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Ditto

8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I realize that , especially now, I just do not understand how they came to the conclusion of the right blades for skin/beard type. Different blades work differently with different razors , not to mention Prep and Cream/Soap. I just think that there are way to many variables in a shave .

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I see your point. I don't know how anyone can draw any conclusion about blade & present it as "objective."

10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I also looked a lot on that 101 list in the beginning but quickly realized it was kinda pointless

BigMark likes this.
  11. Hthomas

Hthomas New Member

I got a very smooth shave with the Israeli Red Personna. One of my favs.
    The Crystals were harsh in comparison .YMMV LOL

I have used blades and found them unimpressive. After reading great reviews, retried the blades and draw a different conclusion . My Own Mileage varies from time to time. Lol

ObiDon and BigMark like this.