Young Padawan's First Shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Rogue, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Rogue

Rogue New Member

He's been initiated! Hee-hee. We got a really late start tonight because we had plumbing issues to deal handle first. But anway....

He sat down and watch a few of Mantic's videos again, so it would be fresh in his mind. Afterward, we practiced lathering with soap (I learned lathering with soap is much easier than my cream! :D lol) and he made a few practice passes on his cheeks and upper lip without a blade. I stood beside him doing it the first time and left him be for the other couple of times he practiced (he wanted me to practice the first time and I didn't want to be a mother hen so I left him alone). He came and got me when he was ready to do it for real. I stood by, watching, but not really. I didn't want to make him nervous being stared at, so I just stood by. I think he did a really good job the first time! The peach fuzz is gone, with the exception of a tiny spot or two it feels like he missed. I told him he could try again in a few days, not to push it. It's not like it's a thick patch and can be seen.

Anyway, he did want to do his own little write up, so I'm handing the keyboard to him. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO! I think i did well for my first time shaving, except a few spots. I did a few practice passes without a blade so i could get the hang of it before i started. When i did start i thought it would be hard because i had to control the pressure of the razor. After a bit I thought it was easy so i got confident, but i got too confident and got a small razor burn but no nicks at all. But the brown peach fuzz is gone! :D And thats just about it and Thank You for giving me some shaving supplies so i can learn shaving
    :happy023

You guys rock!
    :whacky084

Young Padawan

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very good young one..keep it up. Glad you like it.

Fuzzy

3. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Congrats, YP.
    It might take a while between shaves early on, but you're off to a good start. :D

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Congrats to both of you!

5. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Welcome to the ranks of satisfied DE shavers. You both did great!

Cheers,
    Tom

6. Henrique

Henrique New Member

I've been reading your posts with a lot of interest. Great job, both of you!!!!

7. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Just a little jingle for the Padawan, vintage 1939:

A peach / Looks good / With lots of fuzz / But man's no peach / And never wuz / Burma-Shave

:D

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Congratulations!

Woo-Hoo!:signs107

9. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

One of us! One of us! :D

10. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Now get a summer job so you can afford allllllllll the stuff!!! ;) Congrats.

11. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:happy088 WoooHooooo!!!

12. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Just remember, you need almost no pressure. Let the weight of the razor do the work.

13. alabamalawyer

alabamalawyer Member

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Congratulations, young man. :happy088

15. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Funny you bring that jingle up because that's where I got the peach fuzz bit from. :happy097 He's heard me say that (minus Burma-Shave) countless times. Hee-hee

I showed Padawan the well wishes, congrats, etc. He says "thank you!!!" :D

16. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Congrats on a the first shave. I think you will find that you are better off then the rest of us when we learned this way of shaving. Most of us had to undo years of bad habits and too much pressure. You get to the learn the right way and don't have to overcome any bad habits in the process.

Here is to many years of great shaving!!

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Welcome to TSD Pad-Man!

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I still say mom should go get the Kewtie for herself and learn to do the job along with Padawan. The skills are the same, the methods are the same, the patterns are the same the only thing that really differs is that mom does the same thing on her legs while padawan is doing it on his face.

I still say that once he has managed to master the safety then he should move on to the straight. Understanding that the straight will take much more time and effort but will help him with the women in the long run becuase al lot of women think that a man who shaves with a straight is super sexy.

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Maybe he does not need a Straight Razor to get the gals.:D

20. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

If he uses some nice aftershave, walks around BBS, and treats the gals right, he'll have nooooo trouble ;)