Your choice of creams during dry and cold weather

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Scorpio, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I was curious to see what other members use during cold weather. My Face tends to dry considerably so I have been using a lot of Trumpers Coconut, C&E Almond,Taylor Avocado, T&H Ultimate and some Palmolive Red.

What do you guys and ladies reach for during these cold and dry days?

Raf

2. RAMTIP

RAMTIP New Member

On the coldest, dryest days, if I'm really looking for something moisturizing , then it's The Body Shop cream that I reach for. C&E Almond or Taylor's Almond are on standby as alternates. ;)

Other Winter days I want moisturization, but don't have to have it in my cream, then I choose just about anything in my arsenal (soaps or creams) followed by a quality moisturizing after shave balm like L'occitane Cade.

3. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I'm able to get along with almost any cream but C&E Sweet Almond, DR Harris Arlington, and KMF Lavender & Shea seem to work best for me.

For aftershave however, CAR Hydrolast Skin Conditioner is essential for me in dry/cold conditions.

--Mark

4. xChris

xChris Member

For me, it's more about what aftershave prep I do to combat cold/dry weather. I really like the QEDMan aftershave moisturizers. For a locally available product, Neutrogena Razor Defense ASB does well for me too.

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I haven't really been using creams at all with dry skin. Soaps for the straight or Hydrolast for the DE is about it for me these days.

I second Mark's recommendation on the Hydrolast Conditioner, pretty much the only AS product I'm using right now.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

My sentiments exactly.

With the right prep-work, I can use just about any medium I want.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well, I trade you something for another sample tub of Peppermint:D

I was thinking that in addition to the required moisturizer/ASB/Aftershave there were a couple of soaps/creams that were preferred in cold dry days. I guess that is why I am not a good thread starter:ashamed001

Raf

8. xChris

xChris Member

Well, I think Florena would be a good candidate for the original intent of youir thread. ;) The condition it leaves my skin in after a shave usually requires less to no aftershave work.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

for cold, dry days Florena is excellent, and so are Euro Palmolive and Erasmic, or De Vergulde Hand. Yesterday, I used a super-menthol cream called Ingram, but I didn't step out of the house! :rofl :rofl

Jeff

10. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Don't worry, I got you covered :D

11. Smedley

Smedley New Member

+1 on the Florena love.

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Looks like I have to find some Florena to try!!

Raf

13. Will

Will Nevermind

On real cold days I like to toss on the Aqua Velva with Proraso Balm and be a man about it :rofl

Hot weather and cold weather for some reason have no affect on my body other then sweat or shivering. I can do anything in the summer or winter and get away with it.

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

15. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Since it's winter I thought this one would be interesting to someone.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

In the ten years since this question was asked the quality of shaving creams/soaps have improved so drastically. I say use a good balm like what Stirling and Soap Commander sell.