Your favorite and/or least favorite Aqua Velva scent?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Weasel640, Dec 26, 2017.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Classic is my favorite; Musk is my least favorite.

2. brit

brit in a box

my favorite is the av green original sport(my grandfathers also).then the av blue. musk is my least favorite.

3. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I wish I could get some of that AV Original Sport (Green) here...

4. brit

brit in a box

where are you located?

5. Weasel640

Arizona. I have found places online that sell the Green stuff. But at checkout it will say that they won't ship that item.

6. brit

brit in a box

can a regular person like myself ship aftershave to arizona?

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is supposed to ship ground, that’s all. Slow and expensive, but you can do it. I don’t know if there is a limit on how much.

I suppose some online retailers won’t ship it, cause they don’t want to screw around with the Ground Shipping.

brit likes this.
  8. Weasel640

I'm really not sure. I suppose that would have to do with the Canadian postal service. The U.S. postal service allows it... But every single vendor that I have found that carries the Green Original Sport Aqua Velva will not ship to the U.S. I have even tried to the Canadian side of Walmart. As soon as I put my address in it says "one or all" of my items will not ship.

I really don't know why Aqua Velva doesn't just make it available down here as well.

9. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I like the AV Ice blue

Not really wild about any of their other scents.

Paul Turner and Enrico like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have one of those AV pokr chip bottle sets with Red, white, blue, and Green. All of which just have a strong alcohol scent. Although of the vintage scents the white bottle smells the best.

The AV Sport is not bad either but smells like fresh laundry. Haven't tried the Musk or Herbal but the original AV is a timeless classic scent that is awesome but doesn't last very long IMO.

Enrico likes this.
  11. Weasel640

From what I've seen of the Poker set; the White Bottle was the "Surf" scent. My wife and Step Daughter like that scent. I have heard it is similar to Avon Wind Jammer or English Leather Wind Drift. I wonder how much the plastic bottles have changed those scents over time...

When you say "original AV" are we talking the original Yellow AV circa 1917~1940s, with a nice powdery bergamot scent? Or the Ice Blue that has change recipes through the years?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yea the white is the best of the bunch, but I'm sure the plastic changed the scent over time.

The original blue Aqua Velva from the grocery store. I transfered mine to a glass bottle (Guarlain Imperial- smelled terrible).

13. SFTrooper

SFTrooper Active Member

I prefer the musk but also use the ice blue.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The new owners of Aqua Velva might do well to rename the Musk-"Aqua Velva Wild West" (AVWW). Just a thought.

15. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I like them all!

16. Weasel640

Really? I take it you have not tried the Aqua Velva Herbal.

17. Weasel640

Has anyone ever tried the Aqua Velva Sea Wave? It looks like it was offered in Europe so I'm thinking it may have been the same as Aqua Velva Surf, but not sure.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123795935532

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Was not aware of that one, but it sounds inviting.

19. brit

brit in a box

favorite is aqua velva original sport green.. least favorite musk..

Weasel640 likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Favorite...hands down.
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 17.28.38.png

Droo78 and Enrico like this.