Your Favorite Cartridge Razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by PottyDoctor, Feb 5, 2007.

1. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

I would go for the Quattro , i was getting good shave whit it.

2. scott69

scott69 New Member

Definitely Sensor (when the blades were still U.S. made). Mach3 a close second.

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Atra. I still have my original Atra handle, plus an extra that I bought on a trip in the 90s, when I packed my cartridges, but forgot to pack the handle.:ashamed001 I keep some of the CVS cartridges around, which IMHO are better than the current Gillette branded ones (much cheaper, too). It's still one possibility for a travel razor, although not my first choice.

But it's not in the same league as a good DE razor.

4. LS48

LS48 New Member

Sensor for me too.

5. sas71

sas71 Member

sensor excel or sensor 3

6. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

Loved the Slim Twin cartridges as well. I thought it was great that it had that push-down piece of plastic to get the muck between the blades. It was the last cartridge that I truly liked.

Mach IIIs were ok, but they gave me razor bumps. Never went past three blades, because of a Saturday Night Live parody in the 1970's for the "Triple-Trac."

7. chasro

chasro Member

Any recommendations for razors that are currently being sold?

I'm looking to switch from the quattro, which I still like, but think I could do better. No offense to anybody here, but cartridge is the only option for me and I don't want a disposable either.

Thanks.

8. Hairy Callahan

Hairy Callahan New Member

Hilarious!! LOL.. :D

9. captbart

captbart New Member

Mach and Trac II most of the time. Still waiting on all my shave stuff to arrive to try the SE and DE razors.

10. meruhl

meruhl New Member

Another Schick Tracer FX fan here. I've tried just about everything out there, and I keep coming back to it. Our local Walmart still stocks cartridges.

I have several Tracer FX handles. On one, I super-glued the little spring-loaded post that supports middle of the cartridge, to prevent the blades from bending in the middle. I was just curious to see if it made any difference in the way it shaved. I actually prefer it that way now. For me, the most important feature of this razor is the very slim cartridge design.

11. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

I shaved allot with the Sensor Excel. I preffered it over the Mach3. It has better handle, and the blades are not so darn expensive. I have 2 Sensors actually. I bought one just in case the other broke or something... I never thought I will buy a DE and blades. But here I am, and it is great so far.
    But the Sensor Excel is the best cartrige for me :)

12. F.G.R.X

F.G.R.X New Member

Best cartridge I've used is the MachIII, I got completley duped and got a Fusion, then a Fusion Power but TBH the shave was never bettwen then the Mach3, the Fusions blades were too many and caused irritation, I could get close but found that the space between the blades and the sheernumber of them caused irritation, however I did like the touch on the Fusion of the Single blade on top for finishing up/touching up - this is what prompted me to buy a DE because I found I could get closer with less tugging and irritation with one blade. Personally I can't say I've ever noticed the difference between POWER and just the razor, the fact it vibrates doesn't seem to make any diff. IMO.

The price of cartridges is ridiculous as well in the UK I pay nearly £10/$15 for 4 carts. which are supposed to last 3months...pfft...they only lasted that long because I used them 'til they were so blunt because I was begrudged to pay extortionate amounts for mostly plastic and less metal than's in a penny!

In fact I guess I have Gillette to thank for turning me onto the DE as they showed me how good 1blade can be (I was a sucker for thinking 5,00,000 blades would be better).

13. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Mach3 Turbo. Got decent shaves with it once I learned how to shave properly. Heck, if I hadn't invested so much in DE razors I would have probably stuck with it.

14. geneaut

geneaut Member

Sensors for me.

15. zwaldo

zwaldo New Member

have used disposables from hotel rooms, twin disposables, Mach 3, Fusion, Fusion Power, and the mack daddy ProGlide Power!

honestly...I like the Mach 3 out of all the cartridges I've tried. The Proglide power is really nice, extremely comfortable fast shave, and very smooth. The mach 3 just seems to be a bit milder for less price, and I like that.

16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

If I were to return to cart shaving, I would go back to the Schick Tracer FX. If I remember correctly, the commercial for it involved shaving lather off of a basketball, and that is why I bought it. Over the years I have sampled all the cart stuff available, but always came back to the Schick Tracer FX.

17. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Trac II

Got my 1st around 1970's in the Navy. Good times. I'm still waiting for the 31 blade razor. Shave once a month!

18. Teacher

Teacher New Member

Sensor Excel for me.

19. Medic_Coop

Medic_Coop New Member

I would say the Fusion gave me pretty good shaves. If I were to cartridge shave at all anymore, I would use the ProGlide. I just don't want to because of the cost.

20. zwaldo

zwaldo New Member

Mach 3 best bang for your buck, Proglide power if you're rich!;)