Your favorite razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jbcohen, Aug 31, 2007.

?

Which razor do you keep coming back to time and time again?

1. Gillette Super Speed

15 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Gilette Rocket

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Gillette Presidential

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Gillette Three Piece

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Gillette Super Adjustable

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Heavy Duty

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  7. Slant

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. Long Handle

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. Future

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  10. Other

58 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Which do you keep coming back to time and again? On another forum the Super Speed barely edged out the Heavy Duty. If you do not see you favorite lsited here click other than write the name.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Current Favorites (in order)

Treet Delrin
    Gillette Fatboy
    Gillette Tech
    Merkur Progress / Merkur Slant

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Right now? For DE? Parker 79. It could change. :D

4. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

So far my favorite is the Gillette Slim Adjustable. The only other razor I tried is the Merkur HD. I have a Superspeed and a Tech on the way so my favorite might change.

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

When I
    absolutely, positively MUST have a great shave

SuperSpeed
    to the rescue

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Hay James, try that super speed others who have tried both have told me that the super speed will leave the slim in the dust. The Tech is somewhat of a mixed bag some people I have talked to love it others think its to querky. But the Super Speed has become a run away best seller for a reason.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Missing from the poll are the Gillette Slim and fat boy.

Raf

8. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Merkur HD is still my standard DE razor. I use it for all my Method shaving. When I'm in a hurry and don't have time to use the straight, I'll alternate between my other Merkurs equally.

9. Smedley

Smedley New Member

If I had to choose one DE razor from my set, it would be my Fat Boy.

10. mantic

mantic U TOOB

You will have to pry my Progress from my cold, dead fingers.

--Mark

11. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have heard some things about the progress seems to be similar to the Merkur Future that I have.

Had a bade experinece once with my Future, I put in a brand new blade and did not notice that I had the razor cranked up on five at the time. I learned right then and there to always start a new blade on one. Need less to say my face looekd like it had been put through a blender. Sort of the way my face looks like after a Russian Gillette or a Euro Gillette has touched it.

12. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I voted other since my favourite for a long time has been and I guess will be.. Edwin Jagger Faux Ivory DE.. Closely followed by the HD and the SLANT..

13. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I need check boxes, not radio buttons. :) The ones I return to most frequently:

The HD or another razor with the Classic head
    The Futur
    The Slant
    The Gillette NEW
    The Vision

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

at one time, I used the Merkur Vision on a very regular basis, but since last December, I've been using a Parker 22R just about daily.

15. DMS

DMS New Member

Not in my book - The slim adjustable is almost good enough to make me give up straights. The red knob super speed is pretty cool though.

16. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

The BEST razor I own would be my Gillette Milord. IMHO, most but not all blades I put in it, I have a great shave using it. :bounce015

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I think I enjoyed the "Sticky" the most, but I wasn't gonna keep it. Not at that price. :eek:

18. minderasr

minderasr Member

I voted other. Currently I'm back to my Merkur Progress. But my favorite Gillette is the 1959 FatBoy.

:cool:

19. xChris

xChris Member

I'm a SER shaver! So, for me, the true answer is a Wade & Butcher "For Barber's Use" SER.

However, if I must absolutely identify a DE razor, then the answer is a Merkur Progress (it's got the most time of use of any of my DEs -- because I'm a SER shaver! :happy093).

20. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

The Long Handled Classic. The 23 skee-doo. This is definitely my favorite razor. Although I have been enjoying my Trumper Warwick. Long handle same head but a simulated tortoise finish. Very comfortable in the hand.

Favorite Gillette - '56 Red-Tip