Your Favorite Sandalwood Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by AWS, Oct 5, 2015.

1. AWS

AWS Member

Although still fairly new to wet shaving, I have noticed that there are a lot of sandalwood scented shave creams out there. Which is your favorite and why?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  2. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

I only have two, Classic Brand Sandalwood, and just got a tub of Proraso so I will let you know as soon as I try it out tonight what I think. The Classic brand isn't a bad soap, especially for the price.

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

There are lots of them. I've only tried a few myself but here are a few that are definitely worth trying. All are great performers and all smell good. That's the only reason to pick sandalwood over any other scent I guess :)

TSD (The Shave Den) Sandalwood cream is great stuff
    Art of Shaving
    Proraso red tub or tube - both good
    Cyril Salter
    TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond St).

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Proraso Red is a great sandalwood cream. I owe it to myself to use it more often.

ninjack, Boojum1 and feeltheburn like this.
  5. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

True. I have a tube of the red that's just been waiting for cool weather. I'm not sure we're going to get any here where I live though :)

crackstar likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I haven't had much luck with Sandalwood Creams, although my son likes the TOBS I gave him. The Simpsons is so-so. So far, I am enjoying the new Soap Commander Indian Sandalwood, but it's not a cream.

7. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

D.R. Harris. I love the scent, which fits perfectly with the rest of the range, and DRH cream quality is top notch. (That said, I like the DRH sandalwood shaving soap even better.)

Marverel likes this.
  8. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

+1

MObigfoot likes this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I've only tried TOBS. I absolutely love it.

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011: +1

11. MadJimFlynt

MadJimFlynt New Member

I use TOBS and Razo Rock "The Stallion" Italian Shaving Soap. The Razo Rock is definitely the more heavily scented of the two. My daughter commented that I smell of wood and leather after using it. I guess that better than smelling of feet and old cheese.

12. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Art Of Shaving sandalwood. Pricey but delightful

13. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Proraso Sandalwwod.

14. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Another vote for Proraso Red. Also TOBS Sandalwood is a favorite.

brit likes this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

:signs011:

16. SP3CtRUM

SP3CtRUM Active Member

17. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

+1 for the D.R. Harris Soap, best sandalwood scent I know.

As for creams: just today I received a sample of Trumper sandalwood cream - I really like it. Much better than ToOBS ... I really love most of their stuff, but not the sandalwood. It's just too wverwhelming for my taste.

18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I like the cologne type scent of TOBS Sandalwood, have a sample but haven't tried it yet. Porasso Sandalwood has a more earthy type sandalwood that is very nice if you are looking for that type of sandalwood. Each company has their own idea of what sandalwood should smell like (same with bay rum) so it is a matter of preference. Samples are the way to go if they are available so you can try it before buying a tub of something you don't care for.

19. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

TOBS closely followed by Proraso.

20. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

You know for years I thought I was the only male in the universe who liked sandlewood. First Noxema and now this. Can gardenias be far behind?