Your Favorite Sandalwood Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by AWS, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

Doesn't anyone use trumpers anymore?

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My latest, last and best, so far, sandalwood cream is: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood. Excellent performer and scent. All other sandalwood soaps have either been PIF'd or sold.

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

So far, i think Art of Shaving has had the sandalwood scent i liked most.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  5. Bjoerge Brathagen

Bjoerge Brathagen Well-Known Member

T&H sandalwood is really nice.also dr harris and trumpher.

6. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I didn't know anything about fragrances or sandalwood before I switched to safety razors this past summer, but it turns out that I might have smelled the real deal when I was much younger. Mama Bear's Mysore Sandalwood smells a lot like what I think sandalwood is supposed to smell like. However, the more that I smell sandalwood fragrances from different vendors, the more confused I get about the scent. I also really love the smell of the oakmoss sandalwood TSD pre-shave balm but I'm not sure how much of that is due to the oakmoss part.

7. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

I am With @Mike Brown Cant go wrong with TOBS Sandalwood. I will have to try Proraso Shaving cream

8. brit

brit in a box

tobs sandal wood,ej sandalwood,proraso red

9. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

How would you rate the Soap Commander to other sandlewood?

10. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Out of the sandalwood scents the only one I've tried is TOBS. It's really good

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The Soap Commander was a good soap, with an "unusual" sandalwood scent. Real Sandalwood is very expensive and the "dupe" scents many of the soap makers use just doesn't cut it. However, performance-wise, SC holds its own. I still prefer the Salter.