Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I was favorably impressed with Squadron Leader, not a heavy Latakia bomb which I usually don't like. I also keep my tobaccos in mason jars. I'm intrigued with how you transferred the label from the tin to the jar, that looks nice. I usually just stick a plain label on and write the blend name with a sharpie.

2. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was really easy. This is one that didn't come out that great however, what you can't see is a big wrinkle on the left side where I got in a hurry.
    Transfer your baccy into the mason jar first, this way you do not heat the tobacco. Then heat the label on the tin with a hair dryer (I think a heat gun would be too much heat). Start at one corner to peel it off, warming it as you go as needed. I actually heated up the entire label for several minutes so the adhesive on the back of the label got gummy. Then, whiles it's still warm, place it on your jar.
    Easy peezy my friend!
    I like Squadron Leader also but at times I enjoy a Latakia bomb like C&D's Pirate Kake or McClelland's Blue Mountain. I only keep around 8 or 10 ounces, it's really not something I enjoy all the time myself. Mostly in the Fall and Winter and hardly ever in the Summer. My cellar is probably 75% Virginia's and Virginia blends.

Monty Craig likes this.
  3. KcHighLife

Two year old Samuel Gawith Fire Dance Flake in a Mr Brog.
    [​IMG]

You can just see it starting to bloom in this picture.
    [​IMG]

Not really that much blooming yet for being a two year old but, it was oh so sweet of a smoke!

Tsalagi44 likes this.
  4. KcHighLife

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in a Mr Brog #43.
    [​IMG]

Monty Craig, Tsalagi44 and BamaT like this.
  5. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

I am slowly sipping Squadron Leader in a Kirsten Horizon. Very enjoyable as long as I don't rush it.

BamaT likes this.
  6. KcHighLife

It's good baccy for sure. I haven't really been feeling 100% a big portion of this week so I have not had any since Monday. Maybe in a few more days. ;) I might even have to pull out one of the Latakia bombs.

Tsalagi44 likes this.
  7. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

I couldn't sleep earlier so I'm up again and enjoying a wee read-thru here at TSD. I cracked open a jar of Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake that I put up in 08 earlier this year and have been thoroughly enjoying emptying that jar for many months now (8 oz in a 16oz jar...it was :rolleyes:)! Tonight I'm sipping it in an old LHS apple (the Tetley's is in a mug :)) . Just an absolutely lovely smoke at this point.

What a great site you've got here - Cheers.

KcHighLife and Tsalagi44 like this.
  8. KcHighLife

N
    Now sounds wonderful. Not much can compare with a nice aged Virginia IMO.

9. KcHighLife

It has been a while since I've posted my Pipe of The Day. So, I thought it was about time.

Red Virginia Supreme by The Smoker LTD in a Big Ben Pipo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

David Green and Tsalagi44 like this.
  10. KcHighLife

Rattray's Red Rapparee in an EWA. A little later I had some Red Virginia Supreme in a Big Ben Pipo.
    [​IMG]

nikonNUT and Tsalagi44 like this.
  11. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Ive been looking at the Pipos for quite awhile, I may have to get one some day. Nice looking pipes you have their KC.

12. KcHighLife

Thanks. The Pipo is pretty small which for me is perfect. I'm talking maybe 3" total length. So, keep that in mind if you buy one. The EWA that is pictured is pretty small as well so not a great comparison for you. P&C has a combo kit going right now that includes the Pipo.

Tsalagi44 likes this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Not to be gross, but how do you not singe your nose hair with something like that. Or is that just an undocumented feature? ;)

14. KcHighLife

Haha! I like the nosewarmer pipes a lot. Well, maybe more so in the Winter. :Animatedfrozensmily:

15. richgem

I could never deal with getting smoke up my nose like that. But, each to his own. :) The few pipes I smoke have been standard one and a churchwarden thrown in 'cuz i t looks cool.

16. KcHighLife

It really doesn't go up your nose like you might think. But, as you said, to each his own. I have several standard pipes but no churchwardens. I intend on it being something I pick up real soon though.

17. richgem

The bonus is that a churchwarden automatically makes you look waaay wiser. lol.

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That's coz it has "warden" in the name. :p

Sometimes I really miss my pipes. I had about two dozen, to include a custom I designed and had hand-made by a professional pipe-smith up near the Princeton area. Gave up pipes about 12-13 years ago.

19. richgem

Ya know? Funny you should say that... every time I used that pipe my goatee started to curl up at the corners of my mouth. Now I know why. :D

swarden43 likes this.
  20. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I'm not a smoker but I'm wanting to get this Missouri Meerschaum pipe to begin:

Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 7.57.33 PM.png

nikonNUT, Tsalagi44 and BamaT like this.