Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Great pipe! Santa was good to you.

RyX and Erik Redd like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Well, I've been a very good boy this year. :D

BamaT, RyX, trey06dmd and 1 other person like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Off work today, and a morning pipe. It's a bit muggy out this morning even though it's only 71°F.
    IMG_1030.JPG

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 12272016.gif
    Enjoyed Deception Pass from SPC in the Rossi Prince while looking at a couple recent acquisitions. Louis @dustmite and I swapped some stuff and I now have a two year cellared tin of H&H Viprati for when my current tin is depleted.
    Dustmite swap.gif
    Amongst his other stock he passed me a tin of G.L.Pease Jack Knife Plug. I'm curious, but I ought to rotate through my open tins before I pop another seal.

BamaT, Lo'Gosh, trey06dmd and 5 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Jack Knife is something you're guaranteed to like. Let it rest...

6. Bama Samurai

@RyX

The Perique is resting in airtight glass, safely between the Solani 656 and the Sutliff. I have not even opened the bag, but the moisture feels good. Will get into it in a bit. Kinda got guitar crazy tonight.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

You don't have Bryan Adams syndrome do you?
    image.jpeg

RyX, Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

No, but I can tell I've been playing. I've finally started real stuff with the bass guitar teacher, and the fretboard scale is quite long compared to guitar, and lots of alternating 1-4 on a single string across four frets is required in every major arpeggio, so muscle and tendon soreness is the real deal. Bass strings are quite thick and impart a lot of vibration into the fingers, that weird fingertip numbness happens after a while.

TMI?

9. cmorris357

Not really, in my limited experience I've found that electric is not quite as bad on the fingers as acoustic, but both can be hard on the muscles at first. Maybe that's what sent me to the Uke. Only four strings and an 17" fretboard makes it easier. I definitely need to get a teacher though.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Pipe Smokers Forum; read post #11.

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  11. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

This is why I've taken to cigar box guitars. 3 or 4 strings, with a slide. 6 strings always been too much for me, I'm not particularly musically talented.

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

I gave up noodling on a six string after I clipped 1/4 inch of the middle finger of my left hand. If I ever go back to it, I'd go Paul McCartney style.
    [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

BamaT, Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

[​IMG]
    Pinch of Perique, half a slice of Solano 656 in Chacom. 65° and a very light breeze with cricket chirping on the front porch.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

14. cmorris357

With a Liverpool accent?

15. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Have you tried a set of lighter strings? Something like 040-095's.

Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Maybe I should. I like really light strings on guitar (10-46), so maybe....

AGHisBBS and trey06dmd like this.
  17. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nice!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

A serious auto accident and 5 surgeries in 10 days on my left arm left me with a partially handicapped left arm, and put an end to my guitar playing. Now, I can make a few chords and in 2 or 3 minutes my left hand is worn out. I've contemplated taking up the mountain dulcimer, as it wouldn't require as much hand strength. Plus, being raised in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, I like the sound!

19. Erik Redd

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 12302016.gif
    Enjoyed part of the day in my driveway, cutting up materials to build subwoofer enclosures. A bit of OGS in the Rossi Prince when calculations were needed. It was pleasantly cool and overcast. A nice break from our two regular seasonal conditions. Either warm and wet, or cold and dry.

AGHisBBS, Lo'Gosh, BamaT and 3 others like this.