Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'm going to grab a tin of that the next time I place an order. Your posts have tickled my curiosity!

trey06dmd and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

When I bought my first $2.49 cob, I picked up some Lane BLWB. It has a bit of caramel vanilla aromatic topping. The nuttiness is there, but covered up.
    Solani Aged Burley Flake Blend 656 is deeper rich walnut (?) flavored. No sugary sweetness of the Lane. Another to look for if you like that nuttiness - Wessex Burley Slice. It's brighter like a fresh cracked walnut.

3. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Having a bowl of John Bull in a MM Maplewood Ozark at work. On a break and "window shopping" online....kinda. I broke down and bought a jar of Tabac. lol

trey06dmd, dbersh, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  4. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Paul's Morning Smoke in Baki
    [​IMG]

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Of late I am hooked on Latakia and a big corn cob pipe. Mostly smoke cigars but I like a good pipe often. I also live in South Louisiana so Perique is on the menu also. Anyone else into these? I will apologize up front if this had already been discussed. I have been away for some time.

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Occasionally straight up, daily at about 1 to 4; Perique / Carter Hall.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I do sometimes smoke it straight. Right now I have a blend from Cornell and Diehl called Bayou nights.

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

IMG_1083.JPG

Yesterday afternoon's pipe after getting back from a business trip to San Diego. I managed to visit Old Town San Diego which had a tobacco/pipe/cigar shop with a display of antique pipes. It included some beautifully colored 100+ year old meerschaums.

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 03042017.gif
    Lane BLWB in Chacom. Fixing to head out - Flea Market day in the Tractor Supply parking lot.

10. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

One of my all-time favorite blends has both! Dunhill Nite Cap, my #1 English, has a healthy dose of Perique that really sets off the Latakia. And if you like cobs, I really can't recommend the Missouri Meerschaum Country Gentlemen enough! It's my favorite cob.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is the pipe I smoke the most . I have a few other from them also.

Bama Samurai, dustmite and trey06dmd like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a Savinelli that the stem is getting all discolored. What is a good way to clean this up?

Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Erik Redd

dbersh, RyX and trey06dmd like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is one beauty of a pipe!

dbersh likes this.
  16. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Thank you, and it's a great smoking machine, no matter what I put in it nothing but ash.

Bama Samurai, ob1page, wchnu and 3 others like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 03052017.gif
    Wessex Burley Slice in Kaywoodie Magnum. Back to regular winter weather here. Sixty five degrees and rain.

AGHisBBS, Lo'Gosh, dbersh and 3 others like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Personally, I like my Zippo lighters. I might prefer butane lighters, but they can be temperamental and potentially short-lived in my experience, and quality of butane can vary. I might also prefer matches, but unless I let them burn for a couple of seconds, I get an off taste from the match head, and since I smoke primarily outdoors, they are very susceptible to wind. A Zippo is virtually wind-proof, and work well for a long time requiring only an occasional flint change, plus they have a life time warranty. I used to use naphtha fluid in my Zippo, which I felt had no more odor than Ronsonol or the older Zippo fluids. I counted to 3 or 4 before putting flame to the tobacco, which substantially reduced odor and off taste. Recently, I've gone back to Zippo brand fluid, and I now feel it really is superior with less odor and little if any off taste after a 3 or 4 count after light-up.

dustmite, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 3 others like this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to have to look into those. Looks interesting, but I've never seen them in the Birmingham area. Are they made in Mexico? Since you're in Texas, they may be easier to get there.

Erik Redd likes this.
  20. Erik Redd

Yes, they're made in Mexico. I ran across them at an HEB store, which is the only place I've seen them.

ob1page and RyX like this.