Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice simple good corn cob and prince albert on the drive to work . My country gentleman CC and a Latakia blend called engine 99 for the ride home in the morning.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I bought a pouch of PA, but found it near flavorless. Others might say it's mild? Maybe it was old or stale. Just checked the pouch, still no scent I can detect.
    Haven't used a cob in more than a month. It's about time to dust one off

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

BamaT, Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I smoke a fair amout of it. Not a strong scent but a very nice smoke. I use mostly corn cobs. Pretty simple guyI guess.

BamaT, Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

No accounting for others tastes, and that's a good thing. You might not enjoy Perique straight up like I do.
    I'm still exploring and developing my likes and dislikes. Fortunately I have found an OTC I enjoy. Carter Hall has been a pleasure in my $2.49 knock around cobs.
    Recently I tried G.L.Pease Jack Knife Plug. I'm not a fan of Latakia and this isn't one. It does have a strong smoke flavored tin note. Almost a smoked meat scent like a Slim Jim meat stick. Very full flavored. Nothing like the Marlboro menthols I've given up

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I enjoy the perique more in a blend. If latakia could do my laundry and cook I would marry it. The Carter Hall is nice as I recall. Been awhile on that. I do need to expand some on my taste in pipe tobbacco. I mostly smoke maduro cigars.

BamaT, Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  6. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Having some Comoys Cask #1 in a Macqueen Ranger while I'm doing some paperwork.

RyX, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  7. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Orlik Golden Sliced in my cob with Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition
    [​IMG]

RyX, wchnu, BamaT and 6 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Whiskey aged in a used stout ale cask?

BamaT and ob1page like this.
  9. ob1page

Yes, from a description I found online:
    It’s a simple idea at work here: Take Jameson Original whiskey and finish it in casks of Franciscan Well, an Irish microbrew stout. (No, it’s not Guinness, but that really isn’t barrel aged any more, anyway.) Actually, the barrels start at Jameson, then they go to the brewery, then they go back to Jameson for reuse as finishing barrels. There’s no word on how long the whiskey spends in the barrels in this final step.

I found it had more flavor than regular Jameson, you could taste the stout and hops. I really enjoyed it.

Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that!

11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1381.JPG
    Enjoying my Eric Stokkebye 4th Generation pipe with one of the all time great Virginias, if you only go by taste! SG Full Virginia Flake is an incredibly delicious Virginia Flake, but it can be prep intensive. Flakes are thick, and therefore a little difficult to rub out, and they come wet. The tin is a prop only, the flakes were dried about 3 years ago and jarred, and now are truly sublime. I actually used matches this afternoon, despite one of my Zippo making the pic. The flakes were dried to the point I got a good light with only 2 matches, and still going strong.

12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

IMG_1084.JPG

Not a very good pic due to low light, but McClelland Balkan Beauty in an african meer bulldog. It's a very nice smoking pipe.

13. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Nice score!

14. ob1page

I scored another Kaywoodie today while visiting family in Medford, OR. This one appears to be in excellent condition with the stinger intact. I now have 2 to get cleaned up when I get home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BamaT, trey06dmd, RyX and 5 others like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Cool score! You may use #0000 or finer steel wool to smooth rough spots on the end of the stem. Work slowly and evenly, and it's amazing how these old pipes can be brought back to near perfect. You may be the new New Kaywoodie guy! They are much better briar than is assumed and that one is from a nice looking line. Classic Americana.

BamaT, trey06dmd, RyX and 3 others like this.
  16. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Pipesmoking Friends,

after a great shave, i needed a tasty pipe. Dunhill Early Morning in a Goldpoint S14 Pipe, which is a Pipe from my Father. He found 12 pipes the last days, that he smoked nearly 25 years ago. Now he is starting Pipesmoking again. Great!!! Enjoy your pipes Buddys.

[​IMG]

Greetings
    Thorsten

BamaT, trey06dmd, RyX and 5 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

So very nice that you have your father's pipe!

18. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Had a few bowls this am, started off finishing a tin of Elizabethan Mixture, which is ok. Then had first bowl ever if Ye Olde Signe. Will take a few more bowls, but very good baccy IMO. Everything smoked in my Baki Author Meer.

19. Bama Samurai

The last few days...

[​IMG]

BamaT, trey06dmd, dbersh and 5 others like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Daily Bag - 16 March 2017

[​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS, trey06dmd and 4 others like this.