Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 03175017.gif
    Happy Saint Patty's Day!
    Carter Hall in Peterson System.
    I'm liking the well designed into the shank. A Good pipe.
    Peterson System cutaway.jpg

BamaT, dbersh, Erik Redd and 5 others like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I received my IPSD order from P&C (actually ordered 2/18) exactly one month after placing the order. They still haven't straightened out their ordering system SNAFU completely.
    IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like that Peterson's University Flake. Pleasant pflaume note.
    I stopped by my local tobacconist while out getting lawn mower gas.
    Picked up an ounce of Perique. Third time I've purchased from the shop, third batch in their bulk container. This time not as wet as last, less vinegar note. Couldn't resist so I packed a bowl straight up. Much more better! (Free cigar box of my choice with a purchase, too.)
    Perique 0317207.gif

BamaT, trey06dmd, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Well granted I haven't ordered anything in 4 or 5 months or so, but I have always received my orders in about a week. Maybe I've just caught them on good days.

Erik Redd, Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1114.JPG
    Late night pipe. Recently popped the lid on a new blend for me, a tin of McClelland Personal Reserve Darkstar, giving it a go in a Chacom Canadian. Too early for definitive opinion, but it is very similar to Blackwoods Flake. Dark matured Virginia, with that deep dark fruity tin note, plus, of course, a bit if the trademark MCClelland BBQ/ketchup/vinegar smell. Personally, that has never bothered me, and I don't detect it in the smoke.

Trying new blends for me is a lot like when I was playing competitive tournament table tennis a few years (decades?) back. Any time I tried a new blade or rubber/sponge, I always thought the new setup was the best!

RyX, Lo'Gosh, dbersh and 5 others like this.
  6. Erik Redd

They had issues with a software changeover on their ordering system. They have the same "distribution center" as Cigars International (also owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group) and maybe others. The last I checked my order was still shown as processing even though it was delivered. I believe they have their system fixed for new orders, but orders placed within a window around IPSD had problems.

AGHisBBS, dbersh and ob1page like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1118.JPG

Late rainy afternoon garage pipe from yesterday. Partagas, picked up recently at The Briary's Annual Pipe Event, in my old Stratford Copper Grain, a counter pipe from Skip's Tinderbox store in the early 80's, prior to the launch of The Briary. This is a dedicated Latakia pipe, so it doesn't see a lot of use from me, but with the deep bend clenching is very comfortable. Yes, ladies and gents, this a Latakia blend, and a right tasty one at that. But it gets better; it's also a semi-aromatic! I tried a sample of this this at the event, and it's not overly sweet, not overly smoky, but a very good combination of the two that didn't change much right down to the bottom of the bowl.

RyX, Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  8. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

@BamaT, sounds like an interesting blend. I'm going to add a tin to my next order.

Bama Samurai, Erik Redd and ob1page like this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

It's rather unique, at least to me. Somewhat reminiscent of an old Altadis blend, without looking it up I believe it was Aromatic English. The Altadis blend was more aromatic, whereas I don't detect any flavoring in Partagas, seemingly getting it's light sweetness from some black cavendish. It's perhaps very lightly sweetened, but no actual flavoring that I have picked up so far.

dustmite and ob1page like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I am headed home and back to my pipes.... Hope everyone has a great week!

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  11. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Sounds like I've got to try some!

BamaT likes this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Saw where Dunhill blends are being discontinued. Hard to believe an iconic name like that would be dropped. Also saw where Syrian Latakia is apparently going away. I am getting back into Latakia a bit with Partagas, so I may need to pick up a couple tins of Frog Morton on the Town and Dunhill 965, a nice smooth Scottish blend that isn't a Latakia bomb but you can tell it's there.

dustmite, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  13. Erik Redd

Yeah, it looks like British American Tobacco is going to concentrate on cigarettes. They will discontinue Dunhill pipe tobacco and cigars.
    http://cigar-coop.com/2017/02/cigar...continue-dunhill-cigars-and-pipe-tobacco.html

14. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Time to buy some Dunhill tins for under the bed!

BamaT and Erik Redd like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No doubt

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. Erik Redd

If you buy from P&C, be sure to use the MAR17 promo code

upload_2017-3-29_15-57-10.png

AGHisBBS, trey06dmd, RyX and 3 others like this.
  17. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Picked up a haul at The Briary today. Tins are a little more there, but I like supporting the local shop, especially when I'm fortunate to have a quality shop so close. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow night. In addition to a few tins of Dunhill and Frog on the Town, I acquired a couple of pipes. A vintage Canadian estate pipe and something I never thought I would spring for. A unique, one of a kind, totally handmade pipe, including the stem, made by Skip Elliot.

RyX, Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1129.JPG

Maiden voyage, for me anyway, with a vintage GBD Canadian estate pipe picked up last week at The Briary, with OGS as first smoke.

dbersh, Lo'Gosh, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  20. Erik Redd

Here's my April 1 morning pipe.
    IMG_1100.JPG

dbersh, trey06dmd, Lo'Gosh and 5 others like this.