Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

What types of tobacco blends do you like?

I am the dedicated Virginia smoker, also have an affinity for fermented Burley. Latakia and orientals aren't my thing, and I don't do a lot of aromatic stuff.

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Another pipe I got on eBay by bidding what I thought was a low bid just to see what it sold for.
    IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1124.JPG IMG_1126.JPG
    A pretty nice Spanu semi-rusticated

Lo'Gosh, Bird Lives, wchnu and 8 others like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I usually buy "Black Forest" blends. Black Cavindish, Virginia, touch of Burley, and honey. Definitely aromatic. I don't usually go for tobaccos with much bite.

On the plus side, I'm allowed to smoke my pipe in the house. :) (Well, the bathroom, at least).

BamaT, RyX, Bama Samurai and 3 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Today's Bag

[​IMG]

Lo'Gosh, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

I smoke in my garage office area; I have a desk and chair, WiFi and can heat the garage to about 68 in the winter months.

Bird Lives, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 4 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Chris @Bama Samurai , I was surprised to see what I assumed was an aromatic in your photo. After reading a couple reviews I've been set straight. With a name like Marble Kake I was expecting it to be some kind of glazed fruit cake flavored mess. Not so. Carry on!

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Right on! It's just blended VA as crumblecake.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Beautiful pipe! I love Canadians in general, and that one is really nice!

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Love the pics with the wisp of smoke!

10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Never smoked cigarettes, but I concur on cigars and pipes!

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I see we are opposites on pipes. I favor the Latakia orientals and perique. Maduro Dominicans in cigars are a favorite.

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Have you visited the folks that make Perique? St. James Parrish is close by. It's like a 160 miles one way for me to drive from Lake Charles.

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have not. I need to though. I graduated high school in Moss Bluff by the way. I sister still lives in lake charles.

This is me on any given day driving to work. I have this Savinelli and several corn cobs. Also some old Dr. Graybow stuff.
    tmp_3949-Resized_20170317_1701041192931327.jpeg

Bama Samurai, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 04262017.gif
    P.Stokkebye Toasted Burley #312 in Chacom bent billiard. Cool and cloudy with evening rain expected. Got my weeds cut. The lawn is still low so there isn't much grass yet.

15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

IMG_1128.JPG

The Savinelli is just the right size for one folded and stuffed flake

Lo'Gosh, ob1page, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  16. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in a while, been smoking like a mad man. I quit smoking cigs and cigarillos this week..so my disposition has been strained ...good news is it's been almost 4 days with only a pipe....this is my 3rd pipe this am and having something very good (to me). Plumed Select Mixture in a RobE Prince "ish" style with titanium band. Easily top 3 smoking pipe in my stable.
    [​IMG]

Lo'Gosh, BamaT, wchnu and 5 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Basically, or so it seems.

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Took me a while to set the cigs aside. Pleased I did. Sounds like you have achieved the cross over!

BamaT, Bama Samurai, dbersh and 2 others like this.
  19. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

First post on this thread in a while, I've been quietly enjoying my Orlik Golden Sliced reading along with all your adventures. I tried the Peterson University Flake for the first time tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Heavier than the Orlik but not harsh. A very enjoyable smoke tonight. Thank you Chris![​IMG]

Lo'Gosh, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Had a nice corn cob with C&D Old Joe Krantz on the way to work. Was a very nice ride in....even with the usual traffic fight.

Bird Lives, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.