Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Finished my container of what I named "Yardwork 2" its PA/OJK mix in MM Legend. Was on mission to finish it today and did.

3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

5100 in a Basil Meadows Service Merchant Bing
    [​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I picked up some Captain Black gold the other day. Not too bad in a MM. tmp_12382-20170608_161612210773762.jpg
    @Bama Samurai sent me some Covent classic Flake. It's my first time with a Flake. Very nice on the way to work today. Thanks Bama for hooking a fellow Romeo November up#!

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, RyX and 3 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The tobacconist said it was light Latakia, Virginia and a touch of old Burley. Glad it was good to you!

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and trey06dmd like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I was going to ask what all was in it. It was also just a touch old spice maybe. I did not think about the fact I had put after shave on not too long before I messed with it. I got a few puffs of a odd flavor. :cool:

7. Bama Samurai

Ha ha! That's funny. It was easy to rub out, go well?

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very easy. I am going to pick up some kind of vintage looking bowl or such just for thst. I have an idea I will be buying more flake.

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  9. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Word of warning, prolonged exposure to flakes can lead to a fascination with plugs and ropes... I like playing with my tobacco before smoking it.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Work day, picked up a side job helping a neighbor do deep repairs. Replacing floor joist and cast iron drains so we can lay subfloor to stud the wall... One of those "how bad could it be?" projects. He's off picking up materials so I'm on break, sipping coffee and enjoying CH in my Schowa.
    [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, dbersh and 2 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

PS Toasted Burley in the Chacom after hauling a 1940's vintage 475 pound cast iron bath tub to the recycling center. [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Big thumbs up!

AGHisBBS, RyX and trey06dmd like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is awesome!!

I can see this happening... Woo another addiction.

I had another pipe of the flake on the way to work. This time with no old spice top note. Very very very nice pipe. Smooth cool bowl of awesome!!

14. dustmite

@wchnu, if you decide to experiment with the fold and stuff method for your flakes, I personally find Orlik Golden Slice to be the most forgiving.

BamaT and RyX like this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks. I assume the advantage is they store better as flakes?

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Options. You can rub the Flake to what you want. Like "Ready Rubbed" is already ready, already. Right? Or for more intense flavor, fold it up like a stick of Juicy Fruit Gum. Tuck -n- Stuff.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. dustmite

My opinion only, but flakes are easier to deal with on the move, you almost can't over-dry them. In addition, I find a single flake folded and stuffed will smoke cooler and MUCH longer than the same flake rubbed out.

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

AGHisBBS, RyX, dustmite and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Orlik Golden Sliced is my most frequent smoke. Solani 656 is great aged Burley. Petersen University Flake is a 50/50 that's really good. Gatsby Luxury Flake is great too.

AGHisBBS, RyX and dustmite like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome. One of my favorite cigar stores has a bunch of pipe stuff. The owner lady will love me coming by.