Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

More then simply enjoying. Whole new level of smoking.

See above....

Coast to coast? I use to listen to Art Bell every night at work when I was in AZ. I hear George is doing good with it.

AGHisBBS, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Many times, yes.

wchnu likes this.
  3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Well, looks like I'm going to have another Blend to add to my list.

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.
  4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1446.JPG
    Getting behind with posting...last week, John Aylesbury English Mixture in my first higher quality pipe from 1978, a Charatan second. This pipe ranks right up there with the Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation, just barely behind the Skip Elliot custom. Accompanied by my favorite Arabica whole bean coffee from Peru.

Lo'Gosh, dbersh, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1452.JPG
    On a warm Sunday afternoon, Sam Gawith Medium Virginia Flake in a Briary store brand counter pipe, along with my 7.62x54R steel rifle case tamp. This tobacco is okay, but a little one dimensional. I've had it jarred for a couple of years. I might rib out the strands, and use it to mix with others.

Lo'Gosh, dbersh, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Love seeing that pipe. So simple and clean looking.

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Looking right for a burley night...

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I still have some 30th anniversary "cooking", it'll be a special day when I crack that tin.

BamaT, Erik Redd and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I stopped by the shop where I purchased my first knock around cob 367 days ago. Sniffed their choice of 6 bulks available, read a few reviews on my phone while I was standing there.
    Chose to purchase 2 oz of Lane 1-Q. It's apparently America's No.1 bulk pipe tobacco. A golden Cavendish/ Virginia aromatic blend that didn't have an artificial tin note.
    Now if the rain would just give a break...

10. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I find 1-Q to be like an upscale Captain Black. It has a wonderful room note, but a very mild taste, IMO.

RyX likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

It's my understanding they are the same Lane tobacco, but the Caltain Black contains glycol to retain moisture after opening.

dustmite likes this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Wow! A year. Cool.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Wow, that's some will power to hold off that long! I've got a tin of Escudo that's been sitting unopened for about 5 years now. I'm beginning to eye it over....

RyX and Erik Redd like this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

1Q has it's share of PG, maybe not quite as much as CB. Seems to me nearly all bulks have some amount of it.

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier when you have a lot of great tins to chose from. I started collecting tins 20 years ago, I have about 50 in a huge Rubbermaid under the bed, some are really old. I tend to buy two tins of anything new, one to age.

BamaT, dbersh, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Amazing texture!

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  18. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Hey everybody!!! How's it going? Sorry I've been absent for so long. Things have been insanely busy for me lately; what with our new shop picking up in business, working on opening my own business (a Bladesmithing Forge), getting back into competitive shooting and making a youtube channel to correspond with my "adventures in the shooting sports! I'm currently taking a break from baking my butt off for a fundraiser to help my soon to be great nephew (he has a congenital heart problem and will require surgery as soon as he is delivered =( ). Hopefully I will once again be more present here very soon though. Hope you all are doing well. =)

BamaT, dustmite, RyX and 2 others like this.
  19. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

@Lo'Gosh, wishing you the best with your business endeavors, and thoughts and prayers for your nephew & family.

BamaT, Erik Redd and Lo'Gosh like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

First smoke on this kaywoodie....it was great with the PA. Kept me from going straight to nuke driving into work with rain and idiots all around.
    20170721_165607.jpg

BamaT, dbersh, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.