Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Have not met you...but good luck with all of that.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

The stinger is intact? I like that bend.
    :signs021:

AGHisBBS and Bama Samurai like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is intact. A very nice smaller pipe.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Very nice...

Will fire up some Sutliff VA in a Ball Kaywoodie soon.

here is an old photo.

AGHisBBS, RyX and trey06dmd like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice looking pipe. I tried the rubber thingie on the stem. Can not get to like one.

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Been using the rubber thingies for since I started piping. Couldn't enjoy without one. With bits in different sizes, I use small or large thingies. Only pipe that is seems a problem is the odd shaped Peterson P-lip bit.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Maybe I need a different size thingie.

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

20170722_020433.jpg

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

As I recall, there was variation on the Stingers. Three hole vs four hole? I read the info, but can't find the webpage now.
    I have a Kaywoodie Magnum with stinger intact. Some people molest the pipes by removing the metal piece.
    POTD 09242016.gif Kaywoody Magnum cleaning.gif

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and trey06dmd like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not sure how many holes the stinger has. Both of the kaywoodie pipes have the stinger intact.

RyX, Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Lookie heah lookie heah....ole @Bama Samurai sent me some of the OGS. Stuffed a Kaywoodie with some for the drive to work. First thoughts on it.... I likey. It is better then the straight VA I picked up to try. Thanks Bama for the good stuff.
    20170723_164918.jpg

BamaT, Bama Samurai, dbersh and 5 others like this.
  12. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

OGS is a perfect warm weather smoke! Love the lemony goodness! The fact that it's a very forgiving flake also helps. Almost smokes itself...

BamaT, dbersh, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You have a point. The Kaywoodie loved it.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 07242017.gif
    Picked up an OTC today, just tried a load in the Rossi Prince. Sold by Lane this straight untopped Burley is a little dry and very fine shag cut. Slightly sweet with what to me seemed a cinnamon spiciness.

After lighting and enjoying half the short bowl I let it go out and looked up reviews. Apparently this product has been around for decades, benefits from humidifying, and is high in Vitamin N.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and dbersh like this.
  15. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Yup, I use to use it as a mixer with Carter Hall, Prince Albert, etc. now I use Old Joe Krantz. My only problem with 5 brothers, is on its own it smells and tastes like cigarettes to me, which I finally kicked the habit of those 3 months ago. I found a jar of 5 bro in the back of my cellar and mixed it with some CH, and it was fine but the cig taste was still there, but I survived smoking it up. A favorite by many and your right been around forever.

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Where did youpick that up?

Cleaned pipes to day. Working on the CAO with the OGS. I think I like it better rubbed out. Still good folded and stuffed too.

AGHisBBS, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

You know how you are with SE? I am like that with OGS.

RyX likes this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Flake tobacco provides options and control for the end user. Cut across the grain with scissors and you have cube cut, but be careful as these may burn hot. Folded and stuffed might dull the flavor, but allows for super long smoke if done correctly. Stuffing flakes can also be a safety measure, as it produces less fly ash than ribbons. Rubbed out is a wide range of consistencies. Gotta try em all!

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I Am learning that as I go. It is a fun adventure.

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man...

Proceed along the path.

Bama Samurai likes this.