Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Paul paid 5K for it back in late 50's early 60's. The following article explains how it was stolen and they found it in a pawn shop. The article lists its at 10K but the article is 5 years old. It is back on display, I don't think there is a price on it or if there is I don't recall what it's listed at.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.mlive.com/articles/11578061/stolen_pipe_valued_at_10000_re.amp

AGHisBBS, BamaT and RyX like this.
  2. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Interesting story, I'm glad it was recovered.

AGHisBBS, RyX and dbersh like this.
  3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

It is, next time I am there or talk with the owner, I will ask about it. If recall there is like 2-3 oz of gold alone used.

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Several pipes today, currently 3/4 of a bowl through of 5100 in 2017 Amorelli Billiard
    [​IMG]

BamaT, Erik Redd, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very handsome rustication. I like the pattern as opposed to most that are random. Thick walled bowl, too.

6. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Yeah it was the pipe that everyone who entered the UPCA World Slow Smoke at the Chicago Pipe show received. It's a laser etching of tobacco leaves....normally Amorelli pipes are around $250 and up range.....50 bucks is what this was, plus a laser etched wood tamper.
    It's a VERY good smoker, wide open draw.

7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Very unique and attractive, and adding a great draw to boot, what a bargain! Even at $250, that would be a deal.

AGHisBBS, dbersh and Erik Redd like this.
  8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

9. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Haven't been keep on up here on all I've been smoking.
    Currently smoking last of a jar of EMP (I have a lot more in cellar) in a Vermont Freehand Morta Billiard
    [​IMG]

10. Erik Redd

Morning pipe before mowing the yard. Hot and muggy morning.
    [​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  11. Erik Redd

Sunday morning pipe
    [​IMG]

BamaT, dbersh, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1461.JPG

H&H Log Cabin in a Briary billiard counter pipe. Sorry for pic quality, sun was almost down.

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Plenty of light to appreciate. Is that a steel 7.62 cartridge?

BamaT likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Loading carry tins.gif
    Loading up some empty tins for easy carry away from the house.
    Left Five Brothers + Perique, Center PS Virginia 701 + Perique, Right PS Toasted Burley 312.
    I mixed up the order of the pipes. The center Rossi Prince should have been to the left in the fine cut OTC. The Stanwell 139 on the left should be center. I got the Chacom 115J correct.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    BamaT, Erik Redd, trey06dmd and 4 others like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Oh... I am back.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

You soaked?

BamaT and Erik Redd like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

That is like some card game.

RyX likes this.
  18. Erik Redd

Yes. But at least we haven't had high winds and power outages, etc. Just rain, rain, rain and more rain.

I've got a rain gauge partially shielded by a crape myrtle that I just dumped 4inches out from overnight. So far that makes about 10 inches here. It looks like the rain bands hit Houston a lot harder overnight, a lot of flooding and road closures.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    BamaT, AGHisBBS and Bama Samurai like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm more organized with matching tobacco to pipes than soaps and AS.

20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

It is a fired 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant steel case, and makes a very handy tamp. Just the right length and case head diameter, and big enough to get a good hold on. I even use the case neck to stir/loosen ash for dumping. When I smoke a pipe while working around the garage or yard, I usually reach for one of these. I know some use .223/5.56 cases, but I like the 7.62x54R size better.

I haven't shot the Mosin in a while, but I really like it. Mosins aren't match winners, but plenty accurate for plinking to a couple hundred yards or more. I typically shoot mine at 75 or a 100 yards. Mine also has a somewhat better trigger than many. Kicks like a mule! .308 ballistics with a straight stock = recoil straight to the shoulder. Next time I shoot it, I'll save more of the cases. Ammo for it isn't as plentiful or cheap as it used to be.

RyX likes this.