Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

Sitting on the back patio with a spatchcocked turkey on the Pit Barrel Cooker. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. My wife doesn't have confidence in my culinary abilities, she'll be roasting a breast in the oven.

RyX, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 1 other person like this.
  2. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Found some Troost at a local B&M, now made by Orlik, it's not the same blend it used to be, closer to Orlik Golden Slices, witch makes it not a bad thing, just not the same. Served up in my Savinelli 619 EX Hercules, a good smoke!
    DSCN0885.JPG

Erik Redd, BamaT, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

North of Macon, Georgia, a short walk in the woods with a Chacom and my daily Toasted Burley and Perique.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Opps, photo! [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

5. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Keeping with Bulldogs, a Paul’s Cayuga made from Algerian Briar (need a better photo) with EMP
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, RyX, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

55398548-D30F-412C-BBDA-FC45E1AC36D2.jpeg Forgot to post this Thursday, my second pipe while cooking turkey breasts. My vintage Charatan loaded with OGS.

This pipe started out in 1978 as a natural finish. After 4 decades of smoking and handling, it is considerably darker now with a nice sheen to it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1524.JPG
    Back to the bulldogs....a Sasieni half bent, loaded with McClelland Dark Star.

8. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

EMP in a RobE Prince”ish” (more of an egg) with a Titanium band
    [​IMG]

9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

A classic shape with the right band treatment makes for a really elegant looking pipe!

AGHisBBS and dbersh like this.
  10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

The Weber must be at least 20 years old, didn't they replace the wood handles with nylon in the 90's? I loved the three separate air vents on the bottom of the old Webers, it gave much better temp control than the new single handle arrangement.

AGHisBBS and BamaT like this.
  11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

You are just about right. I bought this Weber in the late 90's but can't remember for sure if it was 97, 98, or 99. I also can't remember at the moment what the date code is on it, but I believe it may be 1997. They switched to plastic shortly after. When the screw hole finally wallowed out, I didn't want a new plastic one, so a quick wrap with electrical tape saved the day, LOL. Since then, I've seen aftermarket replacement wooden handles, and since the actual kettle itself is still hanging strong, I may spring for some new ones. On the other hand, the tape works....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  12. AGHisBBS

Pirate Kake in a flamey Nording
    DSCN0886.JPG

RyX, dbersh and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No pipes since last week... Today's nightshade selection...

[​IMG]

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I picked up an Old-Vic marked "8473 Century old Briar Italy". It's been reamed, filled with sea salt and EverClear. The vulcanite bit has a little tooth chatter and oxidation to be polished out.
    Seems there's a connection to Lorenzo, but I'm not finding this particular model in a google search.
    Old-Vick  8473.gif

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  15. AGHisBBS

Frog Morton in a Stefano Santambrogio
    DSCN0887.JPG

BamaT, RyX, Erik Redd and 1 other person like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

And?

RyX likes this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

And it draws well. Has a stinger of sorts. Very tight tenon. No damage to the bowl. The texture of the exterior reminds me of ostrich skin boots. I like it! [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Nice! Love to see it disassembled next time you swab it up.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Old-Vic 8472 stinger detail.gif

Erik Redd and AGHisBBS like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

RyX likes this.