Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Going to be using the Gardesana H.I.S. with PS400...............

Untitled.jpg

Tdmsu, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 04042018 AM.gif Tucked a bowl of Capstan this morning. The Cristiano is breaking in quite nicely. Later in the day at a jobsite the sun was shining on the clover and san augustine lawn. I was packing my tools up and enjoying P. Stokkebye 312 Toasted Burley in the Chacom.
    POTD 04042018 PM.gif

Tdmsu, BamaT, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

The Pipe Smokers Forum POY is a MM Charles Town Cobbler. A very nice cob and the acrylic stem is a big improvement IMHO

AGHisBBS, DesertTime, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

7729B3AF-E4D1-48F8-9BCA-C0E91C5829FA.jpeg
    Found a partial jar of Dunhill 965 that is at least 3 or 4 years old. With a little age on it, the slight sweetness from the cavendish and Macedonian oriental is really nice, and the Latakia is very smooth and not overpowering. Smoked in a Nording rusticated pipe that I’m going to dedicate to Latakia blends. The dark rustication on this pipe just seemed to be right for Latakia.

AGHisBBS, DesertTime, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I am thinking about making a return to your ranks and I have a few questions...

Have any of you smoked a Cayuga pipe? The maker is only about an hour from me, so I am thinking about visiting them.

Has anyone tried Maltese Falcon from GL Pease? I'm drawn to that one because of my love for the film and the description.

Pt

6. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of Cobb pipes, but that one sure would look good in my modest collection. Beautiful pipe.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No personal experience with Cayuga but the reputation is stellar.

Maltese Falcon is a Latakia mixture, and is therefore unfit for smoking. ;)

Erik Redd, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome back!

Not much for sticks, and I'm not yet a fan of Latakias though I'm slowly testing the waters. I did enjoy GL Pease JackKnife Plug. I recall a resemblance to Slim Jim Beef Sticks. A review suggests;

The umami never ends -- currants, mace, molasses, beef jus, the gruyere-covered croutons on your french onion soup, cloves and honey, tangy whiffs of smoke from a far-off diesel.

9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm not sure I want that much umami! I guess I shouldn't judge it before I try it

10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I have no experience with a Cayuga pipe, but it seems like I remember someone here either having one or talking about it. I also have no experience with G.L. Pease Maltese Falcon, but I have tried Abingdon and Haddo’s Delight. I actually liked each one, but they are certainly full bodied and pack a punch in the vitamin N department.

It would be nice to get a pipe directly from the maker, that would make it a little more special in my opinion. I’ve bought one custom pipe from the owner of The Briary, and I’ve bought several pipes from makers visiting The Briary, such as Erik Nording, Peder Jeppenson (Neerup and Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation), and Michal Novak. I just think that makes the pipes a bit more special. When you get your Cayuga, we need to see it! I wish I had thought about this with my other pipes bought from makers - Nording autographed the pipe bag with a sharpie. Maybe Paul Cayuga will autograph one for you .

I looked at his webpage, and I really like his pipes.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I misread your post. I thought you were talking about cigars.

I'm curious about his Oil Cured finish.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Tdmsu like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yea yea yea. I had some little bit of left over Latakia from a sample a friend sent. I mixed it with about half a pouch of Prince Albert. Actually been fun smoking it.

I also got to try 3 nuns the other day....I likey more then a little.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 3 others like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Three Nuns is as far as I can go with the smokiness... But it's a true classic

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Tdmsu like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sounds interesting with a turbulent past. The name being owned by several companies and formula changes makes me wonder how close to the Original current production runs. Perique, no perique? Adding a little is as easy as grabbing a pinch out of the Mason jar.

wchnu, Erik Redd and Tdmsu like this.
  15. Erik Redd

[​IMG]
    OGS in a Tinsky Canadian on a beautiful evening. It was so nice I had a second bowl.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will be hunting some soon as I get through my current stash. Lol
    I dunno which one this is. Mac Baren or something. I will find out. Which ever formula it is good as is.. Bully!!

17. Erik Redd

Mac Baren it is, I just got 4 tins last week.

18. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Nice. I own some Tinsky pipes. I was smoking one this morning and was going to post it. Mark is a pleasure to deal with and he's done some repairs for me as well.

19. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Same here!

Erik Redd and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Same here! I also own some Tinsky pipes and enjoy them. Mark has also done some repairs for me and I couldn't be happier.

BamaT, Erik Redd and RyX like this.