Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG-PHOTO-ART--576225826.jpg
    First pipe in years. GLP Maltese Falcon in a Rossi Author.
    It tasted good, but I can't pull out any notes yet.
    A little bit of a buzz too.

2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I had a bowl of Sockkeye luxury flake in a Falcon that was piffed to me. It was nice, but I like Maltese Falcon better.

I realize that this premature since I've only smoked one bowl of each. I also liked my Rossi bent author better than the falcon, but with the same caveat.

AGHisBBS, DesertTime, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Very nice looking pipe.

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 04192018.png
    Yesterday late morning, PS Luxury Bullseye in a Stanwell 403 bent 3-sided egg Army mount.

Earlier today, PS Natural Dutch Cavendish in an Old-Vic Canadian. I've yet to pinpoint any data about the particular texture. The name Lorenzo keeps coming up like HERE.
    POTD 04202018.png

5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Yeah, the G.L. Pease blends really pack a punch. That’s my experience with two blends, plus I’ve heard from others with the same experience with multiple blends. I’m a little sensitive to heavy doses of vitamin N, so I have avoided Pease since my initial try at them. They’re really good if you can handle the buzz.

Erik Redd, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

D27EC31A-CAD4-4F15-9601-44053204581E.jpeg
    Cool, pleasant Sunday morning in Alabama. Partagas in a Nording pipe, accompanied by ny favorite coffee, Peruvian Arabica whole bean, organically grown, medium roast. Partagas is an interesting blend, a semi-aromatic with a light touch of Latakia. For someone like me who typically doesn’t like any aromatic, this is actually quite good.

7. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

PS400 has grown on me. Very fine tobacco rivaling Escudo and the original Black Parrot at a fraction of the price, and definitely better than the McClelland Virginia bulk blends I smoked for so many years . I just ordered another 8oz. I'm afraid it's in danger of displacing my favorite oriental blend.

Thanks to all who recommended it to me.

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Bama Samurai and 3 others like this.
  8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Love that Stanwell. To my mind, Stanwell pipes are among the best values out there.

BamaT and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD Stanwell 139 & PS Lux Trist Flake.png
    Another Stanwell, Vario bent egg #139, and another PS - Luxury Twist Flake.
    Agreed on both points. I've enjoyed Escudo, but not the other. From the tin and in the bowl Peter Stokkebye blends rival more expensive offerings.
    PS 400 (Lux Navy Flake) has that dried fruit VaPer goodness. With an added pinch of Perique it gets spicier.
    PS 402 (Lux Twist Flake) goes a different direction with Virginia and Cavendish but satisfies my sweet tooth like a Kraft caramel cube.
    PS 403 (Lux Bullseye Flake) Hits the middle zone with a core of black Cav surrounded by VaPer. Rubbed out evens the delivery, but folded keeps that Cavendish core together for the occasional sweet among the spicy.
    I don't think my Stanwells are from the Scandinavian manufacturing days. I don't have any complaint about the Italian made pieces.

10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

PHOTO_20180423_131603.jpg
    I made a trip to Paul's Pipes in Flint, MI today and got this beauty. It was 20% off for my birth month. I also got some Arrowhead mixture on the recommendation of the owner. I smoked some on the way home. It was smooth and easy, less vitamin N than Maltese Falcon for sure, and pretty tasty too.
    I really enjoyed this pipe - very easy draw and the shape is comfortable .

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 04232018 Jobey 090 PUF.gif Earlier this morning, Peterson University Flake in a Jobey 090. Between Roast Community and a splash of sweet Italian creamer.

12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I’ve long been a fan of PS Bullseye in particular, and also Luxery Navy Flake. I was not a fan of all McClelland Virginias, but loved Blackwoods Flake, Dark Star, and 2027, all tinned; but I had just fallen in love with 2015 and 2035 bulks when McClelland went away. I waited a bit too long to order a couple pounds of each, which I had planned to do. Don’t procrastinate.....

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  13. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Anybody else subscribe to either or both of these fine magazines?
    Capture p&t.GIF Capture pipe collector.GIF

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not me, but if you'd like to reproduce small clips without the express written consent of NFL, NBA, or other fussy people that might enable interested parties. Interesting articles?

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS and Tdmsu like this.
  15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

No, I don’t subscribe, but peruse them from time to time at The Briary. Several of Skip Elliot’s pipes have been featured in Pipes and Tobaccos. If I subscribed, I’d probably find myself spending more money on pipes!

Erik Redd, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 04252018 Rossi Prince PS Lux Navy Flake.gif Rossi Prince & PS 400 LNF. Might go pick some mulberries today. Blackberries are ripening, too.

ChiefShaver, BamaT, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  18. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'll look to do that in the future as articles come up. I can't recommend "Pipes And Tobaccos Magazine" more to anyone interested in the hobby, "The Pipe Collector" is a bit more hardcore.

BamaT, Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG_20180426_062930.jpg
    I'm really liking this Cayuga - smooth and cool bowl this morning.

ChiefShaver, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

Almost to the end of the Chatham Manor

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.