Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Seldom smoke a straight pipe but this ole Pioneer Meer is the exception. Vintage Syrian on the trip to work.

[​IMG]

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 05132018.gif Jobey Stromboli and a pinch of Germain's Brown Flake. From the tin one of the moistest tobaccos I've encountered. Now jarred it's dried a little. Fine ribbons release when the flake is rubbed. No determinable topping, just straight up fermented Virginia leaf.

3. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cult BRM in my Cayuga. So smooth and easy, burned all the way to the end. Delicious. It surprised me how differently it smoked in this pipe vs a Falcon.

Attached Files:

jimjo1031, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Did it smoke drier from the Cayuga?

Tdmsu and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

It seemed to be nice and dry all the way through the bowl. I don't know if the Cayuga is responsible, but it is quickly becoming my favorite pipe.

BamaT, RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

It is made from really good briar! That's why. Briar distributes heat and moisture very efficiently. The Falcon is a lesser instrument.

jimjo1031, RyX, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Can anyone identify the maker on this pipe? It was sent to me by @Kypros Christodoulides from Cyprus. It seems to me it would make a good pipe when I'm driving because of it's size. It does have a good size bowl about 7/8" wide by 2" deep and is stamped with "Navigator" on one side.

20180514_143150_preview.jpg

RyX, Tdmsu and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

No idea. How is it?

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. jimjo1031

Just waiting for it's cleaning to be done. Doing the alcohol and salt routine and the salt is really dark. Might need another cleaning before using it. I do like it's size, compact but holds a lot.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

The real key to pipe happiness is dry pipes and dry smoke. In Briar pipe world, more is more, until you reach the point of gilding the pipe.

11. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG_20180515_062926_1526386020569.jpg
    Cult BRM in my Rossi Rustic Author

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 05152018.gif PS 41 Cube cut; Virginia, Burley - Cavendish pressed. Good stuff in the Peterson System.

13. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Took the dog out for a hike after work. I enjoyed a bowl of Frog Morton on the byou, in one of my Kirsten pipes. Good dog, good Tabacoo, good pipe, good life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, BamaT, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice pipe! I was unfamiliar with the brand, but read up on them. Several generations of changes happened over their earlier production run. Is yours a latest gen?

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 05152018  Cristiano Canadian.gif
    Tom Cristiano Canadian breaking in well with a blend of PS Black Cavendish & Toasted Burley.

AGHisBBS, BamaT, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  16. Brickman301

Yes, that one in the picture is of the latest generation. I also have two early ones. If memory serves me right, all of the bowls are interchangeable. I really like them, there are definitely different. They really mild up the tobacco, which can sometimes be a good or a bad thing. They are also super easy to clean and maintain.

AGHisBBS, Deeter, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  17. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Well-Known Member

Hello wet shavers and pipe smokers.
    I am a newbie, joined this forum yesterday. As my name suggests I am a passionate pipe smoker. I am a member of a local pipe club and of the Pipe Club of Switzerland. Whenever possible I like to participate in regional, national and international pipe smoking competitions. My pipe club is now preparing to host the national championship of Switzerland (29th September 2018).

As I look through this thread I am gazeing at all these beautiful pipes that you have posted. This ist great!

Relax with your pipe. Cheerio.

Patrick

Tdmsu, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  18. Deeter

Deeter Well-Known Member

Is that the Columbus sandblast bowl? Very nice.

jimjo1031, RyX and Brickman301 like this.
  19. Brickman301

Thanks. Yes, that’s the bowl! It’s very large.

jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  20. jimjo1031

Getting ready for some PS400 mixed with a little PS701 in this Navigator pipe.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Tdmsu, Erik Redd, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.