Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Here is the guys website. http://www.customcorncobs.com/store/c29/Spear.html

You don't have as many choices and quality looks a little less. His are half the base price of the other with shipping, though.

2. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link. I've looked for some other vendors for cob stems other than the one I posted a day or two ago. The quality isn't far off, and for the difference in price I would buy from this guy, but his selection is somewhat limited. I didn't see any bent, which is what I would want along with a straight. I just messag ed this guy through his website to ask about bent stems.

3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Heard back from my message to Custom Corn Cobs about bent stems. He said he could bend pretty much any stem he has, just message him and tell him. I think I'm going to try one of these. Being half the price of Walker Briar is hard to pass up. Even if they are slightly less quality, the main goal here is to get away from the standard MM plastic stems. If I do, I'll be sure and give a report.

4. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

Great link, thanks!

5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

MM Diplomat Corn Cob shown here with a lighter, and my rifle case tamp. The tamp is a steel case 7.62x54R, fired of course, no live primer! Shot out of my Russian Mosin Nagant. Enjoyed a bowl of Frog Morton on the Town in the Diplomat.

image.jpg

Monty Craig and Weeper Warrior like this.
  6. KcHighLife

I love this picture for many reasons! I've really been thinking of picking up a bigger cob like the Diplomat or maybe even something as big as the MacArthur. I do like the look of the Diplomat for sure though.
    I've saved a few casings from the last time I shot the .45 and the .357 Magnum. I was thinking of doing something similar but maybe actually adding a small piece of oak or something into the brass. You might have just inspired me to follow through with my idea. :bounce015:

Monty Craig and BamaT like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I've thought about something similar, but then it hit me that the 7.62x54R case is the perfect diameter case head, and the length is just about ideal as well, so that's what I've gone with. No more work required, and I think it looks kinda cool!

Edit: I've considered a General corn cob in the past, but I've heard they can get pretty heavy. If you get one, let us know about the weight. Not a problem in the hand, but could be for clenching. I've got a Freehand Natural "Corn Cob Snob" pipe, and it's pretty heavy for clenching. Can be done.

8. KcHighLife

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  9. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

This evening it's a little of Gawith & Hoggarth's Grasmere flake in a naked Bonfiglioli pot with some delicious cold chicory coffee on the side.

[​IMG]

10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Beautiful pipe! There is elegance in simplicity, but especially so when the grain is that nice.

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  11. Weeper Warrior

IMG_20140628_233913_277 (Copy).jpg

My new Savinelli Roma 101 filled with McClellend Stave-Aged Virginia Ribbon. The sweetest bourbon flavored tobacco I have ever smoked, in a good way. Great Stuff! ​

KcHighLife and BamaT like this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I've tried McClelland's Frog Morton Cellar, which comes with a stave cube. It's okay, but the stave flavor seemed to overwhelm the Latakia and orientals, at least IMHO. I'm thinking the stave may be better suited to the Virginia Ribbon, so I'm putting this one on my mental list to try.

13. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Last night enjoyed Boswells Best in my Graco Duet
    [​IMG]

BamaT, KcHighLife and Weeper Warrior like this.
  14. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

On the fourth I enjoyed my Chacom Maya with Sutliffs new blend archduke something or other.
    [​IMG]

And today I enjoyed Boswells Cupcake in a Savinelli xmas 2013 pipe.
    [​IMG]

Weeper Warrior and BamaT like this.
  15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Now that Chacom Maya is an interesting looking pipe. I do like pokers and other sitters. I'll have to post a pic of my Neerup poker soon.

16. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Thanks, here is a better pick with out the super bright sun.
    [​IMG]

I have one sitter a Don Warren I need to retort and clean, will try and have that tonight.

17. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

That's really a nice looking pipe.

18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

image.jpg Enjoyed some Comoy's Spiced Virginia in my Neerup Poker this afternoon. Started out a little warm on the front porch, but a nice breeze started up and made it really nice! Comoy's Spiced Virginia is, as you can guess a Virginia tobacco with enough Perique tobacco to give it a spicy flavor. A really nice non- aromatic with natural sweetness and a smooth, light flavor with a nice room note for a non-aro.

Weeper Warrior and KcHighLife like this.
  19. Weeper Warrior

Picture 001 (Copy).jpg

Enjoying Edward G. Robinson's blend, SEE! ;)

All kidding aside it is a really great blend!

bzero007 and BamaT like this.
  20. Weeper Warrior

Picture 030 (Copy).jpg

Going simple today. Carter Hall in a MM Prince Morgan cob. Mmmm Good! ​

Bosoxfan, bzero007 and BamaT like this.