Your worst blade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ChemErik, May 13, 2010.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:eek::eek::eek:
    [​IMG]

2. ArNav

ArNav Member

Trig.

3. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Ok, somebody help me out, I found thease at the dollar store for $1.00, they say on the back of the pack made in south korea, coated stainless steel.
    Who makes them and are they any account? CAM00110.jpg

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Korean made more than likely = Dorco. I'm not a fan. But, YMMV, so at least give them a try.

5. richgem

Wow. Just wow. Where's the industrial sized vat of Nair when you need it? I wonder if he's ever been mistaken for Sasquatch.

6. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

I shave before bed so after I give them a try I'll post.

7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

OK, I just tried the Dollar Store made in Korea blades.
    IMHO not as bad as Derby, no tugging or pulling but not as close a cutter as an Astra or a Perma Sharp.
    It was comfortable however. The pack says stainless steel coated blades and whatever they coat them with is indeed slick. Absolutely zero drag.
    To sum up my opinion, quite a decent blade overall. Not crazy close but very smooth.

8. richgem

Glad you had a good result.

Cool Breeze likes this.
  9. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Those dollar store blades are Dorco's. St-301 i believe. They aren't as bad as everyone says. You just have to use them in an aggressive razor. I just used those dollar store blades in a Fatip and they were very good. Absolutely useless in a 70 black handled SS though.

10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I agree with fram773; your summary makes the blade sound very much like a Dorco-301, which I find an under-appreciated blade. My 'acid test' for whether a mystery Dorco blade (which we think this is due to Korean origin) is whether both blade edges are approximately the same quality, as in my experience, the two blade edges of a Dorco-300 are not consistent with each other.

11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I WAS TOLD THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE RED AND THE BLUE DORCO BLADES IS THAT THE REDS COME IN A PLASTIC HOLDER AND THE BLUES COME IN A PAPER SLEEVE