Yuma razor pass around, anyone?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by maltedmilk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Yeah the Treet blades were nice. The color threw me off but they were smooth

Shotwell likes this.
  2. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

By the way, the IdC soap is incredible. How would one go about buying another tub of this Heavenly substance?

youngunn likes this.
  3. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

You really discovered something in Turkish slang. This thread became educative and entertaining thanks to you :) If you say "peach" the sound a Turkish native will understand is "b*stard". Also "sick" in English has the same sound as "d*ck" in Turkish. "The fig" gesture is showing your "d*ck" with your hand gestures in Turkish culture and it's a funny gesture actually not having a real intent :) Children generally do that or friends do eachother rarely to make them laugh :) "T" letter is way ruder than others in our culture and somebody can kick your a$$ if you do it :)
    By the way, denizens tried to write "şik/sik bay" but it's actually "Şık bay" it means "stylish sir" and it's the cheapest DE you can find in Turkey but people don't buy it. They buy Yuma instead of it. A yuma de razor is generally under 1 dollar in most of the shops in Turkey.

Here is a picture of a local dollar store's shaving shelves. You can notice "şık bay" razors among "yuma" razors without boxes.[​IMG]

4. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Wow. That is certainly better than my local dollar store. My girlfriend goes to Turkey every fall to visit a friend from college. I think I am going to go along this year... not for shave supplies, although that is on the list. It just seems like a super interesting place.

Recklesstr likes this.
  5. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Two bottom shelves are also seperated for brushes but you can't see them in the picture, I noticed that now :) Mr. Droid,if you have a chance to visit İstanbul there is an inn for barbers and you can find lots of shaving stuffs there. I'll gladly help you to find shaving treasures here :)

6. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I may have to take you up on that! Istanbul is where Gul lives, so that is where we would be staying. Usually I can't go because I need to stay home with my son. But now that he is older, and has his own stuff going on, I can finally make the trip.

7. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Okay, great! By the way I don't live in İstanbul, but know some place related to shaving thus I can assist you in guidance. I live 500 km away from İstanbul. If you come to Turkey pm me and I can tell where to visit and buy some stuff. Have a good luck on your trip, I hope It'll be great :)